Middle School News - October 26
We hear your voices about stress levels around school
- We understand that overall students are feeling the workload of their classes. We have decided as a team to slow down this week, re-evaluate as a team not just how much work is given, but how much time it takes.
- We will give feedback to the departments that are writing the lessons.
- End of quarter is coming! Grades are based on PROFICIENCY. How well does the student demonstrate that they understand the content? This will not only be measured by what work they turn in, but also by their participation in class.
- Please support us in encouraging your student to participate by typing in the chat during discussions, turning on their "microphone" during conversations.
- We don't require students to turn on their cameras but they can still participate in class as mentioned.
Finally, Ms. Roletto will be reaching out to students and families whose students may attend class, but are turning in minimal or no work. Let's work together to come up with a plan so your student is successful.
What is coming up next!
Comprehensive Distance Learning has been extended to end of January.
You can view the message from district leadership here: PPS website
- Reminder that this is time to continue with work that was given or review.
- If and when small groups change based off of need, staff will communicate with families and change student schedules.
What does Asynchronous look and sound like?
- If your child has a group that happens to be asynchronous that day, there should be a communication from the teacher ahead of that and what they should expect.
- Your child can email the teacher if they have questions. Please be aware that teachers will not answer immediately as they may be performing other tasks with students as well.
Please email Ms. Roletto with any schedule questions. email@example.com
Organization tip for students - WATCH
Video link: Ms. Roletto's organization tip