Shepard News & Notes
April 28th, 2016
This edition of "News & Notes" is going out to a wider audience; I've added our incoming 6th grade families to this communication.
- Outgoing 8th grade families - please continue to follow along with the "8th Grade Graduation Information" section below for important information about the close of the school year & graduation.
- Incoming 6th grade families and parents of future 7th & 8th grade students - please see the posting from the PTSO titled "PTSO School Supply Order" if you are interested in ordering supplies for 2016-17 through them.
We're on the home stretch of what has been another great year!
2nd Posting - 8th Grade Graduation Information
- You should have received an email from Susan Monaghan to solicit your interest in tickets to graduation. If you did not, please reach out to her at email@example.com. ***Please note, due to space constraints, families will be issued a maximum of four tickets. If you desire more that four tickets, you will be provided an opportunity to enter a lottery.
- The Shepard PTSO is again supporting their annual video montage to be viewed at the graduation dance. They kindly request you send photos--either individual or group shots--of 8th grade students that you would like to be shared at the graduation dance. They request that you send photos that only include current graduates--no photos with parents, siblings, or firends from other schools are requested. Photos should be sent to Karen Frey (firstname.lastname@example.org - 773-818-0498), Elyse Weiss (email@example.com - 773-858-1596), and/or Laura Bluman (firstname.lastname@example.org - 773-551-7140).
- PTSO 8th Grade Graduation Dance - Friday June 3rd from 7-9pm at Shepard
- June 7th - 8th grade students dismissed at 9:30am after graduation rehearsal. Graduation at Deerfield High School at 7pm.
- Information about the PTSO supported post-graduation dinner is attached.
1st Posting - PTSO School Supply Order
Spring has arrived! With it comes our annual School Supplies Sale. Believe it or not, it is time to order school supplies for next fall!
Teachers like it when parents purchase through this program because every child has with the same set of supplies and is ready to go on the first day of school.
We like the program because it's so much easier than running from store to store to get just the right item. And, through bulk purchasing, we’re able to save you money, too.
Orders will be delivered right to school for students to pick-up on Fee Day in August.
We hope you enjoy the convenience of ordering school supplies online as well as the great prices we are able to get by buying in bulk. Perhaps best of all, you won’t have to shop for school supplies over the summer!
1st Posting - SWIMMERS: Dual in the Pool Swim Meet at DHS
1st Posting - Deerfield Parent Network: The Tween Social Scene Panel and Presentation
Important information about 6th Grade Social Dance
It's time for 6th Grade Social Dance! You should have registered for Social Dance at Fee Day. If you did not and would still like to register, just drop off a check for $60 (made out to the Shepard PTSO) in the box in the front office. If you are not sure if you registered, please contact Lisa Pinksy at email@example.com. (Please note that there are several date changes.)
Please note the TIMES for Social Dance - All sessions will be from 7:00 - 8:15pm. PLEASE remember to pick up your child PROMPTLY at 8:15!
There is a DRESS CODE for Social Dance. The dress code for boys is belted dress slacks and dress shirt with collar. Boy’s shirts must be tucked in. For girls the dress code is dresses or skirts & blouses. All students must wear dress shoes (no athletic shoes).
Also, Josh’s On The Square has agreed to stay open late so that the Shepard 6th graders can go there for food or ice cream after Social Dance (until 9:30). EVERYONE is welcome (we will not be providing chaperones at Josh’s).
DATES FOR SOCIAL DANCE 7:00 – 8:15pm (PLEASE NOTE CHANGES)
Friday, April 8
Friday, April 15
Thursday, April 21
Friday, April 29
Friday, May 6
Friday, May 20
Thursday, May 26 – Final Party
Looking forward to this exciting activity for the 6th graders. They will talk about this for years to come!!
8th Grade Graduation Party
The 8th grade graduation party is June 3rd, 2016!
Many parents have already paid; however, there are a handful of families that have not. You can check your PTSO account to see if you have paid. Please go to the PTSO website, log into your account, click on 'My Info - My Orders' to check. To sign up, click on “for sale," and it will be under fee day. Another option is to drop off a $20 check at the front office made out to the Shepard PTSO.
Questions? Contact Jenny Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't throw away those Box Tops! We collect them and submit them toraise money for the Shepard Student Council. Drop your Box Tops off in the Shepard Office.
Heinen’s will contribute up to 1% of what you spend at their store to Shepard at the end of the school year. Thanks to all who participated in the program last year—Shepard received a check for $875 in June!
If you participated in this program last year, you must RE-SELECT Shepard this year. You can do this in the store at the Customer Service counter, or you can log in to your Tasteful Rewards profile at www.heinensrewards.com. Go to the “My Profile” tab at the top right of the home page, then scroll down to the “Teaming Up for Education” section and select Illinois-Deerfield-Alan B Shepard Middle School and make sure to save your selection.
If you’re new to the program, please take a look at this information to sign up—it’s quick and easy and a great way to help Shepard make a little easy money!
Archived CommunicationsSee an archive of all "News & Notes" communications in the old format here.