By: Deana Mosley
Why is it important?
How did it contribute to society?
- There are 3 social clases, the phiospher Kings, the guardians, and the producers (normal citizens).
- Plato stated the rulers earned the right to rule by making wise dicisions.
- The guardians defended the state and keep it in order.
- The ordinary citizens produce what is needed for the society.
- " The Republic " talkes about the classes, roles, and resopnsibilities for individuals working together for the good of the society.
- Plato wrote " The Republic " so that he could talk about justice and the different forms of government,the responsibilities for the society.