Raymore Update: 05/05/15
News For & About our Staff Family & PLC
Mya Meets Her Favorite Author
Christal Heier's aunt puts on the Children's literature fest at UCM every year. Christal and her daughter Mya (Miss Spencer's class) were able to attend and meet Mya's favorite authors: Mary Casanova and Art Hoyt.
Mya Meets Her Favorite Author
Mya also met another favorite author Henry Cole. How exciting!
Having Fun Making Circuits
Mrs. Lopez's class had fun making circuits as part of their electricity learning targets.
Mya Meets Her Favorite Author
Our Kindergarten students did a beautful job singing and dancing Tuesday evening! Thank you Mrs. Bradley and our Kindergarten teachers for a wonderful program!
Wish You Well
Congratulations to David Moots (Laura's oldest son and Landan's brother)!! David is graduating from high school in a couple of weeks. We wish him the best as he begins a new journey! Make sure you check out his graduation announcement and pictures in the lounge.
DID YOU KNOW? PCA OFFERS TUITION DISCOUNTS TO RAY-PEC EMPLOYEES, EC/ECSE FAMILIES AND NOW OFFERING A MULTIPLE CHILD DISCOUNT?
Are You Ready For Some Faculty Fun?
Classroom Structures and Mindset
Greeting Students at 8:25 a.m.
Bulletin Boards for Art Fair
MAP Support--Thank You!
Class Lists -- May 15th
It's time to start working on developing the class lists for next school year. Here is the tutorial, please read through it before starting. Let Jenni, Michelle or Jennika know if you have any questions.
Class Lists Tutorial
Due: Friday, May 15th (end of day)
Go to your Grade Level Benchmark Grid 14-15
You will see I added a “Students to Separate From” column and additional sheets on this grid: Class A, Class B, Class C, and Class D
You will use these tabs to form your class lists
Before you start - be sure all information is filled out on Grade Level Benchmark Data Grid, including all data & the “Students to Separate From” column. (You will be copying data from this spreadsheet, so you will want to be sure all info copies over).
You will select a student and all of his/her information from the Grade Level Data Sheet. You can do this by clicking on the row number.
Right click within the row and COPY (be sure you don’t cut the student and his/her data out from the original grade level sheet)
Click the tab of the Class you would like to place the student
Click in Column A, click Paste Special, click Paste All Except Borders (this keeps all the color coding formatting)
Some students may have already been or will be placed in a class, be sure to check the class lists to view names before starting process to see which students need to be where. (you will still need to the copy the student’s data over)
Be sure classes are weighted evenly regarding: gender, ethnicity, academic needs, and behavior support
Some grade levels have asked Specials teachers to review or help make the class lists. They see all the students in all the classes day to day and from year to year. They can be a big help in this process.
This document has been shared with you, but here is the link too:
Reminders & FYIs
Teacher of the Year Banquet: May 6 6pm
Last Day Library Check out: May 8
Spreading Kindness Week: May 11-15
Kindergarten Tour: May 11
RTI/BSAT: May 12
School Wide Art & Writing Festival/Fourth Grade Performance: May 12 5-7pm
Gr. 2 Field Trip to Coeterie: May 15 9:00-12:00
Gr. 3 Field Triip to Powell Gardens: May 15 9:00-2:00
4th Grade Celebration: May 15 12:00-3:45
15-16 Class Lists Due: May 15
Kindergarten Field Trip to Powell Gardens: May 18 9:00-2:00
Field Day: May 20
ECSE Last Full Day of School: May 20
Last Day of School-Early Release: May 21
Forward emails regarding dismissal changes to both Karla and Renee.
- Please remember to be at specials door :35 after to deliver & :30 to pick up.
- Fridays --jeans with Ray Pec spirit wear.
- Classroom doors should be locked at all times and the magnet should be used to allow flow in and out of classrooms. However, we are aware there are some doors that are tricky to get to stay shut when using magnets. We do have a couple of other options we can try to help solve this problem. If you need help with this situation, please see Jennika asap and we will problem solve.
Remember to add your lesson plans to the Google RE Shared Folder each Monday by 8:25 a.m.
- It is our district and building expectation that all staff reply to communication (email and phone calls) with within a 24 hour time frame.
- If you have any pictures of great things going on in your classroom or family, please send them to Jennika. I would love to share with others in our Weekly Staff Update.
- Call or text Michelle & Jennika if you're going to be unexpectedly absent (after 4 pm day before). 616-4210 and 550-4434
- Call or text Michelle if you will be in the building on the weekend! The lounge/workroom will be open for access to copiers.
- Remember to check the RE Shared Calendar for events! We are still adding, and things change.
Looking for previous copies of our Weekly Staff Updates? If so, these can be found on our Raymore Tigers Weebly site under "For Staff" & then click on "Raymore Update".
PLC: Our Mission, Vision, Values
- Focus on Learning
- Build a Collaborative Culture
- Focus on Results
We answer four questions:
- What do we expect our students to learn? (Goals/Expectations)
- How will we know they are learning? (Assessment)
- How will we respond when they don’t learn? (DI Intervention)
- How will we respond if they already know it? (DI Extension)
To fulfill our mission & vision:
- M: Preparing each student for a successful and meaningful life
- V: Turning today's learners into tomorrow's leaders
With these commitments:
- We are committed to consistency & accountability for each student's success.
- We are committed to a system of support for students and adults.
- We are committed to a safe, trusting and collaborative environment.
- We are committed to best practices.
- We are committed to high expectations for learning, behavior and citizenship.
- We are committed to quality communication & positive relationships with all stakeholders
- We are committed to effective communication regarding student progress.
- We are committed to data-driven decision making.
- We are committed to use of appropriate channels for communication.
- We are committed to a guaranteed (consistent) and viable (doable) curriculum.
- We are committed to maintaining fiscal responsibility while improving student achievement