Pepper Drive Family News
August 20, 2021
Student Arrivals and Dismissals
I apologize. Our dismissal procedure is a bit confusing, especially after over a year of a different procedure due to our old COVID schedules. Our goal is for dismissal to be as smooth as possible for everyone. We have returned to the TWO dismissal times. Students in grades K-3 are dismissed at 2:20pm. Students in grades 4-8 are dismissed at 2:46pm. If you are only picking up students during the 2:46 dismissal time, please do not get in the car line until after 2:35. If your car is in the pickup lane before that time, you will be asked to move.
If your child rides the bus, the transportation department plans to issue bus passes in the next week. There is a shortage of drivers at the moment, so we appreciate your patience with the bus schedule changes.
Does your student know where you are picking up each day?
- Please discuss your after school pick-up routine with your child(ren) and show them where you will be picking them up from school (upper parking lot in front of office or lower parking lot by the stairs).
- Email your child's classroom teacher to notify them of your student's pickup routine (pick up location or bus rider). This helps the teachers to get your student to the right spot at the end of each school day. Emails are listed below.
The school gates open for arrivals at 8:15 and the school day officially begins at 8:30am. Students can be dropped off in designated drop-off lanes in the lower parking lot or upper parking lot. Kindergarten students should be walked to their gate by an adult or older sibling. Please do not drop off Kindergarten students alone in the lower parking lot.
Breakfast is served between 8:00 and 8:25. If your child participates in the breakfast program (free, no sign up necessary), please drop off at 8:00 at the curb in front of the office.
Returning to School Safely
- Masks are required while indoors
- Masks are not required while outdoors
- Staff will continue to do student symptom checks upon arrival
- Masks are required on school busses
- Students are able to play on playgrounds and mix cohorts while outside
- Drinking fountains are still closed (please bring refillable water bottle to school)
- Middle School students will be rotating between classes and participating in PE & electives
- Sanitation and hand washing protocols will be maintained
Keeping Pepper Drive Healthy
Attendance Line: (619)258-2205 (press 2 for Pepper Drive)
9/6 Labor Day Holiday (No School)
9/10 Picture Day
9/20-9/24 Back to School Nights (virtual)
9/27 School Site Council Meeting @ 3:00pm