Christmas Technology Activities
Merry Animated GIF Creation Directions
Steps 1: Create pictures/slides
- Open Google Slides
- Under File >Page Settings >Pixels Set 400 x 400
- Create your first slide
- Choose a background color
- Add your content: I drew lights and added clip art snowflakes and a text box with Happy
- Duplicate your first slide
- I changed the coloring of the lights and switched out the word “Happy” for “Holidays,” but used the same text box. *You do not want to change the alignment of the text.
- Duplicate the second slide
- For the third slide, I added a tree and snowflakes
Step 2: Download slides->pngs
1. Use the Slides to Drives add-on
(Click on <Select a File) Find your Google Slide Presentation and click select
This will save the three slides as a .png. Be patient on this part. (It takes a little bit of time to make the magic work.
2. Click on the blue link to open up the folder in your Google Drive.
3.Download this file. On my Mac, it downloaded it as a zipped folder. I put it on my desktop and double-clicked on it to unzip it.
File- Download -png (current slide)
-Do this for EACH picture.
- Go to gifmaker.me
- Upload your folder with your three .png files
- On the left side, set your Canvas Size to 400 x 400
- Set your animation speed (I used 750 for the blinking lights)
- View the GIF or Download the GIF. But you don’t really need to view it because you can see it in the control panel.
Copy and paste items from the following slides onto your snowman.
If you need different pictures, you can search for more by clicking “Insert” then “Image” then “Search”.
When done building, write about your snowman or snowwoman in the textbox. You can describe them, tell a story about them, or explain who they are.
When all done you can download a picture of your snowman and writing by clicking “File” then “Download as” then “PNG image”.