Samohi College/Career Center
Financial Aid Award Letters!
If you have submitted your FAFSA, CA Dream Act Application (CADAA), and/or CSS Profile, expect to receive a financial aid award letter from the schools that accept you! Schools will highlight the Cost of Attendance and estimated financial aid you will receive for the 2021-22 school year. Feel free to reach out to your College/Career Counselor if you would like assistance in understanding your award letters.
FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid
California Dream Act
SMC - Apply NOW - Priority Deadline for Summer/Fall is March 26th!
Stuck on a step?
- Drop into SMC App Day on Mar 16 or 23 - see flyer below for Zoom details
- Book an appointment with SMC Counselor, Aimee Lem
- Stay updated on important SMC updates, like when the Summer/Fall class schedules are posted, when new students can enroll, special program application periods, and more by texting @smc2021 to 81010
- SMC has $1.1M in scholarship funding! Apply by APRIL 2 - see flyer below
Keep checking Portals and Emails!!
- college information will go to your email
Be sure to check your PORTALS
- these are the gate keepers to information such as admission decisions, financial aid, transcript requests, document requests, process to commit by May 1, etc...
- YES, each one will need a unique user name and password
- YES, you will need to make one for each college
- YES, you will need to check them often
What will you be pursuing after graduating from Samohi?
Let's connect! Schedule a one-on-one meeting if we can be of support.
It was wonderful meeting you all in your English classes!
College App Survival Guide
Student Resource Guide - Summer Programs
Remember - communication is key!
Ernesto Flores - A-G
Julie Honda - H-N
Rosa Mejia - O-Z
Fun fact - Ms. Mejia LOVES baby hippos!