Club 45 At Home
Week 18, July 9-July 15
Let's talk about worship!
Hello Club 45 family.
We hope to see you at one of our Zoom gatherings this week:
- Fridays at 4:30: worship team practice! This is for any singers or musicians who want to grow in their ability to worship God through music, and help others do the same.
- Sundays at 10:00 is our regular Club 45 gathering where we learn about Jesus, have fun together, pray together, and worship together.
- Thursdays at 4:30 is our Club 45 hangout where we enjoy time with friends and have some fun playing games and chatting.
- NEW!!! Wednesdays at 4:30: Growing as a Leader. A new group with Aaron will focus on leading a great discussion about God...how to ask good questions, how to encourage, and all the other great skills it takes to help people interact meaningfully with God and others. Email Aaron for the link. Our next one will be Wednesday, July 8th.
Your Club 45 team: Tom, Aaron, and Andrea
Continuing our series about Worship!
Last week we talked about how worship, which simply means to value God above everyone and everything else, to always be paying attention to Him. We worship God because He loves us and rescued us. We worship Him with everything we’ve got: our minds, hearts, and bodies. This week we’re going to talk about when and where we worship Jesus.
Alright everyone, time to begin! Answer the following questions with your family:
- Your name
- Your number from 1-4 that tells us how you are...1 is not so good, 4 is great.
What's one thing you enjoy doing for other people.
Let's ask some questions!
- In Leviticus 23:22, how was God calling His people to worship others by caring for them? How can we live this out?
- Why do you think the Bible includes the story of this woman in the book of Luke? What did she do that so impressed Jesus? How does this connect to worship for us?
- What does the verse from James 1 tell us about worship? What does that mean for us?
- In Mark 12, Jesus talks about the two most important commandments for us: to love Him with everything and to love our neighbors just as much as we love ourselves. What does the second commandment mean for us? How do you think we can live it out?
You fill in the blank!
- Part of God's worship plan is caring for ____________________.
- Jesus knew that worship was about giving with an open _____________.
- Worship is a way of ___________ that _____________ and _____________ for others.
- We ought to __________ our neighbor as we _______________ ourselves.
This is your time to just stop and sing to Jesus with your family. You can play a favorite worship song on your instrument or stream it and sing along. This is a time for you and your family to enjoy Jesus and meet him through song. Here's one that we've sung a few times in Club 45 and says so much about God and His love for us. Sing it out to Jesus with whatever you've got!
Quiet time - just you and Jesus
We can worship Jesus just by quietly listening to him and talking to him.
What does this look like? The purpose is to take a few minutes of silence and allow yourself to just connect with Jesus and let Him speak. It’s a time to practice being in His presence, to slow down, practice hearing His voice and experience/feeling His presence. A good way to process what Jesus is saying is to journal.
We’re going to take just a few minutes and sit quietly with Jesus. Our lives are full of so much noise and activity that sometimes it’s nice to just stop and listen for Jesus. Close your eyes and picture yourself with Jesus. Maybe picture you and Jesus by a lake, or sitting together on a rock, or curb, or in a flower patch. If you don’t have a picture, ask Jesus for one and he will show you! When we picture ourselves with Jesus in some way it helps our mind to focus on him instead of the other places our mind goes to like I’m hungry, I want to go home, I can’t wait to play with my friends later, or I love pizza and unicorns! Settle in with Jesus and talk with him. He loves to hear from you and it’s the best part of his day to be with you in this way. Tell him your thoughts, your fears, your worries, your dreams, hopes….just like a best friend….he wants to hear it all. Sometimes you will feel Jesus in different ways. Maybe he gives you his thoughts on something like someone just put in your brain what they think…that’s Jesus. You may feel His peace like a warm heavy blanket was just put on you. Maybe you have a picture come to your mind. We all experience Jesus in different ways.
You can write anything that God shows you, or anything you want to tell God, in a journal!
Make this real with a Neighbor Love Worship List!
Let’s walk out Jesus’ words in our own lives. Jesus said that loving God and loving the people we know, as well as those we meet for the first time are the most important commandments in our lives. We can worship God just by loving the people around us. Club 45 kiddos, take a moment and make a list of some of the ways you can worship God by helping other people today. Some examples could include:
-Get together with a friend I haven’t spent time with in a while;
-Make dinner for my mom;
-Do a chore without being asked;
-Share something with another person who I know will like it (right now I’m swapping comics with my friend Asa).
Go for it!
Communion is the family meal where we get together and remember that Jesus is our forever Passover lamb. Like the Israelites in the Old Testament, who lived because of the shed blood of the lamb on their doorpost, we live forever with Jesus because of his finished work on the cross.
Read 1 Corinthians 11:23-26, and then take the elements (usually a cracker and juice, but do whatever works!) with your family. Do this in memory of the Jesus who’s paid the greatest price for you, his greatest treasure.
Pray for each other
- As a family, check in with each other, what’s Jesus saying?
- Ask your family members if there are any prayer requests that they have and pray for those. Take a risk and ask them if they’d be okay with you praying for them RIGHT NOW as you sit together.
- Ask if any of your family members needs healing in their bodies? Sick, allergies, cuts, bruises, runny nose, etc. Again, take the risk and ask if they’re okay with you praying for them RIGHT NOW as you sit together.
Get in Touch!
We miss you all and would love to hear from you by phone or email.
aka "Tom Cat"