Renew Your Membership!
Friends of the Yahara River Headwaters
Your help is needed!
Member support allows us to continue our mission: ...to enhance and protect the quality of the Yahara River Headwaters while educating the community and providing sustainable recreational opportunities.
Some of our key accomplishments:
- Monitor 12 sites along the Yahara River
- Lead family-friendly fishing clinics at Sunfish Pond
- Coordinate an annual river clean-up, clearing woody blockages and debris
- Promote and maintain a navigable water trail, with signage
- Provided funding for the 30-acre wetland and prairie restoration at the Marvin and Marie Schweers’ Natural Area (just west of the DeForest dog park)
As a member you will:
- Connect with a community who cares about your Yahara River
- Play a vital role in supporting our fishing clinics and river clean-ups
- Receive personal invitations to our special events and fishing clinics
- Receive quarterly email newsletters
Show us your support by renewing your membership or joining our organization. And be sure to like us on Facebook!
On behalf of the Board of Directors,
Vicky Porter, President
Friends of the Yahara River Headwaters, Inc.
Our Key Accomplishments
Save the Date for Annual Meeting
DeForest Public Service Building
Speaker to be announced soon, so stay tuned!
Join Our Board
New board member terms start in June.Time commitment for evening meetings is reduced from previous years – we’re down to quarterly board meetings. We are looking for people who are willing to do things outside of meetings, like event planning, river blockage surveying, membership recruitment, etc…
A passion for the river is a great thing to have, but we are also be interested in members who can bring a special skill set to the table – for example, a good financial background, membership recruitment experience, etc… Join us! We have a lot of fun!