Eastside Dream Builders
Eastside Elementary Parent Newsletter
September 13, 2021
Help your child with reading!
A few announcements
- No school on September 6th in observation of Labor Day!
- Instruction begins at 7:45 and the tardy bell rings at 7:50. If you arrive past 7:50 please walk your child to the doors so you can sign them into the office.
- If you have any transportation changes, please make sure that you let Mrs. Whitney know by 2:30pm. This ensures that she has enough time to alert teachers of the change. Teachers may not check communication throughout the day, so changes need to go through the office.
- Information about the school day and the district's response to COVID-19 can be found here.
- The updated school calendar for the 2021-22 school year can be found here.
- Parents of students in grades 3-5, please revisit with your child the school's dress code! Tank tops must be at least 3 fingers wide and shorts must be fingertip length. Thank you for your help with this!
- Please return your child's McKinney Vento residency form home that was sent home on yellow paper!
- Please complete the student home internet survey found below!
Make plans to attend our 1st PTO meeting of the year! Mark your calendars now!
Topic: Eastside PTO Virtual Meeting
Time: Sep 14, 2021 04:15 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 744 627 7348
A Message from Mrs. Barnhart!
A message from Coach Wood!
Reminders to parents and students about home sporting events: We are happy to announce that all Greenbrier students may attend home sporting events for free this year. Middle school and elementary school students are not allowed into the stadium/gym without being accompanied by an adult. Students are asked to sit in the bleachers and not be running around the stadium or gym. No students are allowed on the visitors side. Please do not bring footballs, baseballs, etc to play with to the games, they are not allowed and will be taken up. Come enjoy the games but please follow the rules.
- Sept. 13th-Progress Reports
- Sept. 13th-17th-K-2 MAP testing
- Sept. 14th-Virtual PTO meeting
- Oct. 13th-End of 1st nine weeks
Check out Mrs. Hogg's
We’ve all had stressful mornings, evenings, and weekends. Kids definitely feel that stress and it’s a good idea to communicate with the child’s teacher if a student might require extra time, help, or patience. These notes are a sweet way to pass on the information so that teachers know.
You don’t have to have the note, just email, dojo message, or whatever communication you have set up with your child’s classroom teacher to let them know they may need a little “Handle with Care”.
You can always reach out to me too!
Thank you for sharing your kiddos with us!