Monthly Tech Tidbits
You don't know what you don't know...
Please enjoy this funny-ish TikTok about 2020 evaluations from one of my favorite (former) teachers, Mr. D.
Just remember, wizards don't exist...
RCS Announces Distance Learning Hotline for Parents & Students
New ClassDojo Skills Icons
Speaking of ClassDojo - Are You Using Portfolios YET?
Mastery Connect info from Stephanie Finley
- RCS has purchased CASE Assessments item banks, which are housed in Mastery Connect. You can access Mastery Connect via Clever or through this link: https://app.masteryconnect.com. You will log in with your school email and password.
- To access the item bank of science questions, please click here for Mastery Connect Instructions.
- CAUTION! Not all of these questions are good questions. Please use the checklist below to determine if the question should be used on a classroom assessment:
- Standard aligned
- Multi-dimensional (look for DCIs, SEPs, & CCCs)
- DOK 3 & 4 (you can have some DOK 1 & 2, but look for higher rigor questions)
- Phenomenon or scenario-based
District-wide Benchmarks: (grades 3-8 only)
- CASE Assessments has also been purchased by RCS to develop two district-wide benchmarks in all subjects that will be given during the 2020-2021 school year--one in the Fall and one in the Spring. For the first science benchmark, a total of 10-12 standards will be assessed. To select those standards, I will be using the pacing section of the RCS Science Curriculum Guides to determine what standards should be covered by November 9th (the first date in the testing window).
iPhone Hack: Scan Anything to PDF - Did You Know You Could Do That?
Click on Notes and Choose the Camera
Position Camera Over Document & Snap Picture. Adjust Corners to Fit Document Size.
Repeat the Process to Scan More Pages or Click Save to Move on.
Thanks for taking time to read this newsletter!
Are you doing amazing techy things in your classroom? I'd love to feature you!