Senn-Thomas Middle School
Weekly Update for November 13th - 17th
Good afternoon! I hope you had a great weekend! Here are a few updates for the upcoming week.
- Our Fall Festival is this Saturday! We hope you'll join us for a day of fun that includes vendors, board games, video games, and multiple activities designed for family engagement. Just a reminder that the Fall Festival will be held from 1pm-5pm and all students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Admission will be $2 per family/group with a canned food item for each individual. It will be a great day!
- We have started our canned food drive. Students can drop off their items to their Advisory teacher. This is a multi-school event, and we are "competing" with the other schools to see which school can collect the most items. All donated items will go to the Pevely Rescue Mission. Thank you for your help!
- Please help us by not dropping off students prior to 7:15 am. This is to ensure safety and supervision for all students. Thank you!
- Thanksgiving Break will be Wednesday, November 22nd - Friday, November 24th. We will not have tutoring the week of Thanksgiving break.
Have a wonderful week! Please feel free to call or email if you have any questions.
Dr. Tracy Lewis
(636) 479-5200 ext. 2
Attendance Matters - Each Day
Our attendance dropped a little bit this last week. Let's all remember how important it is to be at school each and every day. Thank you so much for your help! We have seven school days until our Thanksgiving Break. Let's work to make each day count. Thank you so much for your help!
After School Tutoring
Just a reminder about tutoring for this upcoming week. Tutoring is open to all students, but we want to make sure that you’re aware of the following points:
- Transportation will not be provided; therefore, students will need their own transportation. Tutoring will take place Monday-Thursday after school until 4:30 pm.
- Students who stay for tutoring will be assigned to a specific classroom.
- Students who sign up for tutoring will stay on those days only. Parents/Guardians will receive confirmation calls the morning of each tutoring session.
- To attend tutoring, parents/guardians will sign up their child(ren) at the start of each week. The sign up form will be on each week’s family newsletter.
- It is strongly recommended that students attend tutoring who currently have more than 2 Fs in a core (English, Math, Science, Social Studies) class, 3 or more missing assignments, and/or who are working on maintaining eligibility for athletic participation.
Please take a few minutes to complete the form below if you would like your child(ren) to stay for tutoring this week (November 13-16). For your convenience, this tutoring form will be shared each week on the electronic newsletter. Feel free to call or email if you have any questions.
RESOURCES FOR FAMILIES
Help for the Holidays
UPCOMING EVENTS - DATES TO REMEMBER
Multi-School Canned Food Drive
SENN-THOMAS MIDDLE SCHOOL FALL FESTIVAL INFORMATION
One other activity will be a Family Painting Activity led by our art teacher, Mrs. Boever. If you are interested, please see the form below. In order to provide supplies, this event will cost $25 for each canvas.
Admission to the STMS Fall Festival will be $2.00 per family/group along with one canned food item per individual. The canned food items will be donated to the Jefferson County Rescue Mission.
In addition to the activities throughout the building, we will also use this time to showcase great student work and/or projects. We are so excited to be hosting this event for the second year, and we hope to see all of you there! Please feel free to email or call if you have any questions about this event. Be sure to save the date - Saturday, November 18th.
FORM TO SIGN UP FOR PAINTING ACTIVITY AT FALL FESTIVAL
PARENT PORTAL ASSISTANCE - PLEASE COMPLETE THIS FORM
OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTS
SENN-THOMAS STAFF SPOTLIGHTS
Senn-Thomas Middle School
Mr. Kyle Borror, Assistant Principal
Mrs. Tiffany Bungenstock, Counselor