Youth Editorial Board
Apply now to join the Chicago Youth Voices Network's team:
Chicago Youth Voices Network (CYVN) is seeking motivated media producers who want to be part of an exciting new project that aims to connect youth across Chicago and make sure their voices are heard. Make a positive impact while building your resume and leadership skills by joining the CYVN Youth Editorial Board and Ambassadors!
Media producers who have been active with a CYVN organization and believe in the importance of youth voice are invited to apply. If you are interested in media activism and want to make a difference in our communities, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
We are looking for...
- Journalists / Editors
- Moderators / Guides
- Graphic Design & Marketing Coordinators
- Media & Audio Coordinators
- have an interest in media activism
- be motivated and reliable
- have regular access to internet and email
- be an active participant or recent alum of a CYVN organization
- earn a stipend of up to $300 OR at least 43 service learning hours* (with completion of all commitments)
- receive travel reimbursement
- gain leadership skills and networking connections
- develop skills in media, critical thinking, marketing, social networking, and more
- support youth voice and media
- three month commitment: September 28 through December 21
- actively participate in seven 3 hour Saturday meetings
- spend at least 7 hours each month engaging with the community and fulfilling tasks outside of meeting times (see Position Descriptions)
Applications will continue to be accepted after the deadline if positions are still open.