Staff Weekly Bulletin
~Week 21~Feb. 1-5~
Thank you for a productive professional development day!
It's EXPO Week!
SRI, SMI, EDL/DRA Results
3rd - 5th Grade
SMI Testing - during library
SRI Testing - during library
window closes 2/12
Science, Math, & Tech PDs
Math COI will continue on the following dates: February 10th & February 17th.
***Keep in mind that ANY teacher in grades 3-5 will be trained on the SBAC Interim on 2/17 so they will NOT be able to participate in the Math COI.
We will also be scheduling some Science or BAL PDs for February 10th & 17th. Please communicate with Teri your interest on Science topics. IF there's no recommendations, we will move with BAL COI.
~Safe & Welcoming Environment~
It's Black History Month, is this enough?
~TEACHING & LEARNING~
As part of OUSD settlement with CDE, ALL teachers are required to fill out this report to ensure that the mandated instructional minutes are being met.
Please click on the link below to take you to the PE Minutes Teacher Report.
Section 1: Place check on it, SEED fulfills the PE minutes the following ways:
1. 2- 50 minutes PE preps led by EEIP teacher
2. 1- 30 minutes PE teacher/Playworks every two weeks
3. 70 minutes spread out through two week period via teacher directed lesson plans as indicated on daily/weekly schedule
***Please print, sign, and return the Teacher PE Minutes Report to Beatrice by no later than 2/5.
*FYI: this request was given to the sites on 1/31 and required to submit urgently.
SBAC - ATTENTION TEACHERS!
ATTENTION 3-5 grade teachers!
SBAC ELA & Math Resources
SBAC Math Resources
Past Due Deliverable: Setting NEW reading goals with our young scholars!
As per our agreements & data chats, all classroom/individual student reading goals need to be set & visibly posted in the classroom. Please work with Emily if you needed additional support to ensure that you are holding meaningful conversations with your students about their new individual reading goals.
New Class Reading Goals & New Individual Student Goals need to be visible in the classroom by Monday, February 1st. ALL students must know their new reading level & know their own independent reading goal.
Thank you to those that submitted this deliverable on 1/29.
SEED Spelling Bee
Proposal for the Spelling Bee:
1. Each class is given a written spelling test to determine the top 2 spellers.
2. (optional) have a practice bee in your classroom to make a final determination of who will go to the school wide be.
3. School wide Bee on February 5th at 9:00 AM after the assembly
All 4-5th grade classes would watch the Spelling Bee
4. 1 winner is nominated by February 10th to the district Spelling Bee.
Please read: MCS & SEED Shared Space Agreements
Please read the following shared space agreements between SEED & MCS. It's everyone's responsibility to stay informed and that we honor these agreements.
We recognize that we are limited in space, therefore, we all must do our part to maintain strong and respectful relationships with our sister school.
Deliverable: Restroom Logs
ALL teachers are required to have a restroom log from this point forward. We need you to have a restroom log, this will help us identify the student(s) and ensure that there's accountability, disciplinary action, and community restitution.
All grades in 2-5 are required to have a restroom log; this will support any investigation that deals with restroom vandalism.
ATTENTION 4-5 Grade Teachers: The new restrooms are being vandalized by 4/5 graders. Please closely monitor your students and ensure that you have restroom logs; I may be asking for those records when investigating these issues.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
1/29 Past DueDeliverable: Field Trip Monies
If you did not submit your grade level plan for the use of any remaining monies for field trips, these monies will now be transferred to other budgetary needs. Nancy & I will meet this week to begin the reallocation of any remaining funds.
TGDS/OETF February Peer Observations...
- Admin conducts short informal observations for ALL teaching staff (15-20 minutes)
- Rates Domain 2 & 3 ONLY
- Admin scripts short observation
- Admin tags evidence of OETF on script
- Schedules post-observation conference with Prob 1 & Prob 2
- Prob 1 & Prob 2 - reflect in Post-conference
- ALL tenure teachers - post conference is optional
- Will post sub-release peer observation for sign ups
- Teachers observe peer teacher (on/off-site)
- Teachers meet to debrief and provide feedback on SMARTe goal focus
- Teacher extra pay time is provided to hold peer debrief after contract time
- Professional learning time is provided upon request to admin
- sub-release time
- extra teacher pay
Alternate Observer schedules short observations
Visit Teachboost to log-in, click "Get Help" in the top right hand corner of the screen, then click "OUSD Playbook for teachers" in the box that pops up.
- This will take you step-by-step on how to access your observation tool.
What's coming up?
- 2nd semester roster switch
- Staff Meeting Re: Culturally Responsive Parent Engagement
- Teachers that choose to stay past their contract time will be compensated for their time.
2/12 - Make up preps for President's Day Holiday
Running Team Site!
Simply go to the page below and click the big FUNDRAISE FOR THIS CAMPAIGN button and you'll instantly have your own fundraising page as a part of our Team.
Please let me know if you won't be taking part in the running festival this time around.
Thanks so much.