NEW Oregon State Paid Sick Leave
CHR-ALF Oregon Locations | Effective Jan 1, 2016
Oregon State Law Update Effective Jan 1, 2016
This email is to inform and provide you with details about the new Oregon Bill 454 - Paid Sick Leave that become effective Jan 1, 2016. This Bill requires all employers with 10 or more persons to provides paid sick leave. This program ensures that all persons working in the state of Oregon can earn sick time to use when they or a family member are sick or injured. The Bill is intended to mitigate the spread of disease and to allow employees to care for themselves and family members, making Oregon healthier and more productive.
Bill 454 / Oregon Paid Sick Leave Law supersedes the Portland City Sick Leave and Eugene City Sick Leave laws and policies in place at Prestige Care. Continue to read this notice for further details, training and action items you must take in January.
Bill 454 / Oregon Paid Sick Leave supersedes the Portland City Sick Leave and Eugene City Sick Leave laws. Below you will find actions items to complete; documents are attached below:
- Post the Federal and State All-in-One Employment Law Poster - This poster should have arrived at your location (shipped to you on Dec 7); if you have not received your poster please contact Tawnie McCarter in Human Resources at Central Support and in the interim post the Oregon State Sick Leave Law Poster at the bottom of this message.
- Distribute and become familiar with the Paid Sick Leave Policy - distribute to all employees as soon as possible but no later than Jan 8, 2016.
Leadership Training - Planning Ahead
The first week of January you will receive training information which will include:
- A training video on the new Oregon Sick Leave Law and what it means to Prestige
- Electronic knowledge test link and acknowledgement
- Certificate of training completion
You will be responsible for completing this training for yourself and arranging all supervisors at your location to watch the video training, complete the electronic knowledge test and acknowledgement form. All leaders who complete the knowledge test link and acknowledgement will receive a certificate of completion for their employment file.
All leadership training on this topic must be completed by mid January. Please use this time to plan ahead for sessions. Training should take 30 minutes or less.