October 7, 2019
Parent-Teacher Conferences are October 10th and October 16th
Please Help Us Keep Our Students Safe
- If your child walks to school, please remind him/her to watch for cars and cross President St. with the crossing guard.
- Be vigilant of children when driving close to the school and drive very slowly in the flow zone and main parking lot.
- Passing a school bus while it's stop sign is out is strictly prohibited.
- Please observe our parking lot and FLOW ZONE procedures, including during BASP pick up and drop off. The driveway by door one is an entrance, not an exit.
- Using a hand-held cell-phone while driving is prohibited.
- We ask that you keep dogs off school property during arrival, school hours, and dismissal.
- Please do not double and triple park in the school parking lot or on Bridle Lane.
- Please observe the No Parking signs along Bridle Lane. The Wheaton Police Dept. acknowledges parents need to drop off and pick up their children from school. They ask that cars refrain from lining up on Bridle Lane until 8:45am and 3:15pm. Cars there prior to those times and cars left unoccupied may be subject to a ticket.
Thank you for partnering with us to keep our children safe.
PTA Knights on the Run Update
October 9 - Hearing & Vision Screening
October 10 - Parent-Teacher Conferences
October 11 - Knights on the Run money due
October 11 - Wheaton Police Dept. - Lunch with an officer - Welcome, Officer Gapastione to our lunchroom
October 14 - NO SCHOOL - Columbus Day
October 15 - PTA Dine-Out - Portillo's on North Ave. 5:00pm-8:00pm
October 16 - Parent-Teacher Conferences
October 18 - Knights on the Run Prize Day
October 21 - Hearing & Vision Rescreening
October 25 - PTA Reflections submissions due in Washington LLC
October 25 - Knights on the Run Party Day
October 28 - Illinois Dept. of Agriculture Pumpkin presentation to kindergarten classes
October 29 - PTA Book Fair Preview Day
October 30 - PTA Book Fair Sales 9:00am - 3:30pm
October 31 - PTA Book Fair Sales 9:00am - 12:00pm
October 31 - Halloween Festivities
10:30-11:30 K-am Parade & Party
2:00 - 2:30 Parade / 2:30 - 3:15 Parties
November 1 - PTA Book Fair 9:00am - 4:00pm
Thinking Ahead to Halloween
A letter will soon come home regarding the Halloween festivities that will occur on Thursday, October 31st, but I wanted to share a few pieces of information with you early:
- Students may NOT bring candy or other edible treats to distribute to classmates. Party food is provided by the PTA party volunteers who communicate with teachers regarding allergies and other food restrictions.
- With the exception of morning kindergarten, students may not wear their costumes to school in the morning. Teachers will allow students to put costumes on prior to the afternoon parade. Parents may pick up their children at lunch if they prefer their children put costumes on at home.
- Costumes should be school-appropriate. They should not be overly graphic, scary or violent. Weapon-look-a-like accessories cannot be brought to school. Students' faces cannot be completely covered; we need to be able to identify all students.
Please contact Mrs. Craig with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Save-the-Date - Winter Concert - Monday, December 16th at 10:00 am and 2:00 pm
PTA Spirit Wear Sales are Here
It's PTA Reflections Time!
Fall is a Busy Time of Learning at Washington!
Cooler Weather is Here!
You can view the Cold Weather Scale on the Washington website under Our School/School Information or by clicking this link: Cold Weather Scale.
News from the Health Office
Measles is a highly contagious and dangerous infection that is a concern in many parts of the country. DuPage County encourages everyone to be aware of their immunization status. Please review this information from the Health Department: Measles.
The Health Office is in need of some clothing items. If you happen to have any of the following, we would greatly appreciate your donation.
*Gently used, unisex pants and shorts that have elastic waists, small sizes
*Gently used unisex long sleeved t-shirts, all youth sizes
* New boys underwear Size 4, 6, 8
*New girls underwear Size 4, 12
*New large unisex youth socks