Glenview Library Letter
September 24, 2015
- Please make sure your students (1st-4th) take home their library books to read in the evenings and over the weekends. Kindergarten, if you think your students need a few more weeks of keeping the book in the classroom, that is fine.
- We have just one more full week before the end of the quarter, and Awards Day is next Friday. AR Word Club awards will be given out then. Checkout Counts and Word Counts will be in your boxes this afternoon. Please encourage your students to keep checking out and reading books, and taking AR quizzes!
- AR: Homeroom classes were entered in AR. If you would like access to your Reading Class, or your Intervention Group, please just email me a list of the students.
- We have a new shared OPAC with the Nashville Public Library! When you search the new catalog, you can see both books we have here at Glenview, as well as books throughout the NPL system. Here is the link: http://345.library.nashville.org/ Stop by anytime if you need help with it!
- Over the next few weeks I will be working on our book orders. Please use the Book Request Form (http://glenviewlibrary.weebly.com/teachers.html) to let me know what books you want to see in our library.
Free Digital Books with Audio in English, Spanish, Arabic, Somali, and more!
There is also a feature that shows where book deserts are located. Glenview is the blue dot on the map, and we are in a book desert. According to their data, homes in our area contain less than 10 books. Please make sure your students are checking out books and taking them home to read with their families.
The Puppet Truck Presented "Puss in Boots" to PreK
Library Website and Schedule
- Go to the library's website.
- Click on Teachers.
- Scroll down, and on the right side you will find the calendar.
- If you click on the small "+Google Calendar" icon on the bottom right of the calendar, it will take you to an easy to read full page version.