SEPTEMBER 20- 26, 2021
THIS WEEK'S LUNCH HOUR MEETINGS
Tuesday, September 21:
- Student Council; 11:30 in room TBD
- BTBA/Yellow Ribbon; 11:30 in A159
Wednesday, September 22:
Thursday, September 23: Spectrum Club; 11:05 in room A252
Friday, September 24:
- Congratulations to the 2021 Homecoming Court:
Lauren Carver, Kaia Christensen, Danielle Ewing, Leah Matzner, Maddie Murphy, Megan Wegner, REL Xayarath-Seirey, Jaden Deines, Jacob Eben, Deylin Hasert, Khalid Ismail, Charlie Jacobson, Tucker Mauch, Carter Versaevel.
Homecoming Coronation will be held on Monday, September 27 at 8 PM in the HS Theatre. Admission is $3.
Homecoming Dance will be on Friday, October 1, from 9PM - midnight. Admission is $5.
- Picture Re-take Day at MHS is Wednesday, September 22. Students who did not have their picture taken in August should plan on having their photo taken on this day. If you would like a re-take, please return your portrait package at the time of your photo. To pre-order, use Code EVTBTT7PK. Order packets are available in the office, or you can order online after you receive your preview.
The Digi Squad will be located outside of the main office and will be available during 1st block. If a student is experiencing any technical difficulties or has software questions, come visit the Help Desk and we will try to solve the problem. Mrs. Steinbach is the advisor in charge so if you need anything you can contact her through email.
Born to Be Alive/Yellow Ribbon will meet at 11:30 on Tuesday, 9/21 in A159. Bring your computers for planning purposes.
- The first official meeting of the MHS Spectrum club will be held on Thursday, September 23 at 11:05 in room A252. ALL are welcome!
The first meeting for members of the MHS Honor Society will be Monday, September 20 at 11:05 in room A252.
Student Services Announcements
Sophomores will be attending the Career Expo at SMSU on Wednesday, September 29th from 12:15 – 1:30 pm. The Career Expo is highly interactive career information and exploration event for high school sophomores in SW MN. Hundreds of business, agency and education volunteers work together to provider this opportunity for students. Masks are required on all Minnesota State College and University campuses. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided.
The Financial Aid Planning night for all seniors and their parents has been scheduled for Wednesday, October 13th from 6:30-7:30 P.M in the theatre. Natasha Boe, a financial aid expert, will be the presenter. Learn about the types of financial aid and how to apply. All seniors and their parents should plan to attend this important meeting.
- The Minnesota Association for College Admissions Counseling (MACAC) is inviting juniors and seniors to attend a virtual college fair this year. The virtual college fair is being held on Oct. 6th and Oct. 7th from 5-7:45 PM. This is an opportunity to learn about over 150 colleges (both public and private colleges, universities and community/technical colleges). Topics discussed will include majors or career areas offered, scholarships, financial aid, choosing a college, etc. Interested students/parents must register for the college fair at strivescan.com/minnesota. More information is available on the MACAC website at (https://www.mn-acac.org).