PRIDE OF THE TRIBE
Week of September 9, 2019
Teacher Brag Board
― Lang Leav, Sad Girls
"Thank you to both, Coach DeLorge and Coach Smart for making a difference in the lives of so many of our students, at the right time. I have seen each of you change the paths in many of our athletes in a small amount of time. Your efforts and dedication are appreciated." ~Proud Colleague
ARE YOU IN THE POWER ZONE?
- Commit to Proximity Instruction 75% of the class period.
- Arrange the classroom to facilitate teacher involvement.
- Limit or remove common teacher distractions.
Learn more about the Power Zone by watching the video below!
It's TIME...Indian Walks - September 11th
- 6 writing samples aligned with the standard from diverse learners
- No names; hung outside the classroom door
- All Teachers Participate (Core, Electives, Fine Arts, CTE)
BE PREPARED...BE READY...
Excited to share our first ever Indian Walks with a few of our district administrators!
Nuts & Bolts
Tribe Time, Monday - Help students login to the parent portal so they can begin checking their own grades. Instructions were sent out in a previous email.
DMAC 101 - Flaa will host a lunch & learn during all three lunches on Tuesday in the Library. Please make sure you've already logged in before attending!
Indian Walks - Writing samples MUST be related to content/standards learned in class, not random journal writing prompts. Indian Walks will begin September 11th, be ready!
T-TESS Goals - Make sure you've completed Part I in DMAC by end-of-week. This includes checkmarks on Data Analysis and TWO SMART GOALS (one related to teaching/education and one related to technology). Administrators will begin goal setting meetings Monday.
Taking Attendance - Central Admin ran a report on 9/3 showing the time each teacher took attendance. We only had one teacher who did not take attendance within a 10-minute window of the 10:03 AM attendance time. Great Job in taking attendance on time! Central Admin will continue to spot check this so PLEASE continue taking attendance EVERYDAY ON TIME...
6 Weeks Failure Form Tip!
Click on reports. Choose students requested by teacher Pick the to - from dates. (Doesn't clear each week so you should be able to do several weeks at a time) hit display. Then top left display (choose all) entries. 2 finger click hit print If that doesn’t print at bottom right chose 2nd icon (download to pdf). Then print the pdf.
- CTE/Elective Department Meeting @ 7:45am
- Tribe Time - Create schedules, Student login to Parent Portal, D.E.A.R.
- Math/Science Department Meeting @ 7:45am
- DMAC 101 Lunch & Learn in the Library
- Volleyball vs Pilot Point @ Pilot Point, 5:00pm - WEAR BLUE
- English/SS Department Meeting @ 7:45am
- Indian Walks @ 9:00am (District Admin in attendance)
- Underclassmen Pictures
- F/JV Football vs Bridgeport @ SHS, 5:00pm
- Volleyball vs Lake Worth @ SHS, 5:00pm
- V Football vs Bridgeport @ Bridgeport, 7:30pm
- Sanger Sellabration
- XC Meet @ Jesse Owens Sports Complex, Dallas
- JV Volleyball @ Lake Dallas Tournament
- ACT Testing @ SHS
Homecoming week begins September 16th!