May 8, 2015
You have an incredible opportunity to make a difference for kids, and I thank you for embracing that through your daily hard work on behalf of our kids. I hope you had a wonderful Teacher Appreciation Week!
PTA Teacher Money
Off Campus Permission Slip Reminder
Thank you for planning ahead!
Please review the Memo to stay current on building parent communication & events!
Check it out! 10 Ways to Finish the School Year Strong
District Wide Google Skills List (Copied from Faith's May update)
In November, we asked staff to take a short self-assessment to determine their level of Google Apps proficiency. This was meant to help each person create their own path for learning and to help buildings provide appropriate support for their staff as everyone worked toward acquiring at least the Level 1 skills in Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides by May 1. Options for support in acquiring Level 1 skills included the D200 online learning site, face to face sessions at each school and the option to use other resources for self-directed learning.
Now is the time to reflect on the growth we’ve made together as a district with our Google Apps skills. All staff members are asked to complete the Google Apps Skills Checklist – May 2015 self-assessment by May 15th. Based on what we’ve anecdotally heard and seen, it is likely that many of you will have a few more skills you can celebrate acquiring since November. Way to go D200 lifelong learners!
We will use this data to determine needs for future trainings. Additional short trainings on advanced levels as well as helpful hints on Google Mail and Calendar are all on our D200 Google Apps Online Learning site
Professional Learning Calendar
Common Formative Assessments
Thanks to everyone for your hard work in meeting this District 200 expectation!
Assessment & Class List Update
- Click here for the F & P Schedule. Please scroll all the way through to read important end of the year F & P information.
- Subs will be ordered by the office!
- Click here for the benchmarking DRAFT schedule.
- The grade level class list meetings will be held Friday, May 29. You will have staff meeting time (5/13) in advance of that to have conversations within your grade level. The schedule and expectations are posted here.
Celebration of Learning Assembly
Please let me know one person per grade level who would like the editing rights for that slide deck. I will share as I receive names.
Please consider writing a post for our blog!!
Week of May 11-15
Monday, May 11
- Mariano's visit during student lunches
- EL Library Card Trip: Grades 1-2 (9:30-11 a.m.); Grades 3-5 (1-2:30 p.m.)
Tuesday, May 12
- Kathy @ Principal Meeting in a.m.
- Franklin Music Tour: 9:30 a.m. in Gym/MPR (All grades attend)
- Chorus, Band, & Orchestra Concert: 6:30 p.m. call time/7 p.m. concert @ Franklin
Wednesday, May 13
- Grade level conversations for class lists in lieu of staff meeting
- Class of 2028 Kindergarten Visit: 9:30-10:15 in Kindergarten classrooms & Music Room
- Kathy out in p.m.
- EL Tutoring Club (Last Day)
Thursday, May 14
- IEPs & Problem Solving as scheduled
- Lunch & Learn: Google Classroom
Friday, May 15
- PTA Meeting: 9:30 in Art Room (Last PTA meeting of the year; Kathy is happy to deliver any thank you notes you may have for them. It would also be really cool to hang up some quotes or notes of thanks in the Art Room like they do for us in the Staff Center. Let me know if you'd like to make anything to hang up.)
- 2nd Grade to Fullersburg Woods: 9:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
- 5th Grade Wax Museum:10:30-11:15 a.m. in MPR
- Beautification Day: After School outdoors
- Due date: Google Skills Checklist (outlined above)
Upcoming Lowell Events
Please email Kathy if something is missing from this list. Thank you!
School & Grade Level Events/Trips
- 4th Grade to Lincoln Marsh: Monday, May 18; 9:15-2p.m.
- Benchmarking; schedule TBD; Monday, May 18 & Tuesday, May 19
- Grade 1-5 EL trip to Brookfield Zoo; Wednesday, May 20
- ThinkFirst Assembly for Grades 1 & 5; Wednesday, May 20; Grade 1/9:30-10:15 a.m.; Grade 5/10:30-11:15 a.m.
- Robert Crown Health Center visits 5th grade: Friday, May 22; 1:30-3p.m.
- 2S class plays: Friday, May 22 @ 2:30 p.m.
- 3rd Grade w/Bill the Poet; Tuesday, May 26; 9:30-11:20 a.m. & 1:20-2:35 p.m. in MPR
- Mrs. Rood's Kindergarten Concert; Thursday, May 28; 10:45 a.m. in Room 119
- District Service Awards; Thursday, May 28; 4-6 p.m. @ Naperville Marriott
- 2M class plays: Friday, May 29 @ 2:30 (Room 105)
- 1st Grade to Brookfield Zoo; Tuesday, June 2; 9:30 a.m.- 2:30 p.m.
- Half-Day Kindergarten Parent Program; Wednesday, June 3; 10:45-11:30 a.m. & 2:30-3:15 p.m.
- PACE Open House; Thursday, June 4; 6:30-7:30 p.m. in LLC
- 5th grade picnic; Tuesday, June 2; time TBD
- First Grade Picnic; Monday, June 8
- Last Day of Specials; Monday, June 8
- School-wide Celebration of Learning Assembly; Monday, June 8; 9:30 in Gym/MPR
2014-15 Shift Day Schedule
- Tuesday, May 26 is a Monday