Coal Mining was one of the most dangerous job at the time.
dangerous working conditions
- The mines could fall down on the workers and suffacate them.
- Only had candle light, which had chance of explosion.
- children as low as the age of 8 were working in the mines.
- hazardous air that was Poisson gasses.
- breathing in dust from the coal, destroying their lungs.
Coal mining workers would work as much as 12 hours a day, 5 days a week. They would only get paid a few penny's a day. Often times workers would die at a young age.
Some workers had to crawl on their hands and knees all day.
children were forced to work all day pushing carts full of coal.