Grapevine Mustang Band
Sept 10, 2021
Good afternoon Mustang Band!
- IMPORTANT***All students must complete the TMEA Student Agreement form below and return it to Ms. Irby.
- Fall Trip/Bands of America Itinerary is below.
- All rehearsals are required events during the school year. Students need to start the year out strong not to get behind in their other classes.
- The band calendar at grapevinehsband.com is your one-stop shop for all dates and times.
- Join the 2021-22 Remind! Info below. Everyone needs to join the Remind.
- The 5th round of band fees was due September 1. Please refer to the Band Fee Payment document for more information. Please note: if you are paying through PayPal and do not send the payment directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, the processing fees will be charged to your Charms account.
- Chaperones needed! Sign up HERE. Have a question? Email email@example.com.
- See below for Band Booster Notes, Volunteer opportunities, etc.! It takes a village!
- Lessons are available for all members of the band program. Please go to https://www.grapevinehsband.com/private-lessons.html and set up lessons if you have not already.
- "Transcend" tumblers are available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to secure yours! We only have a limited number left!
- All Families can raise funds for their individual band account NOW with the Scrip Fundraiser. See below for details.
ACCESSORY ORDER: Accessories will be distributed as soon as possible after their arrival.
1) We have four (10/15, 10/22, 10/29, and 11/05) openings to provide snacks to the guard after the games. Snack will be given to the guard after the game responsibilities are fulfilled and served in the band parking lot. Guard may not have their snack or drink in uniform. We will need additional snacks provided for competition days etc. Stay tuned for those dates. Please email Rosa Garner at email@example.com to sign up.
2) We have five openings on the laundry schedule. This is to wash both the spirit uniform and the marching unitard the kids will wear to perform. The uniforms will need to be taken home on Friday in the garment bags, laundered and returned on Monday hung in the garment bags. Soap and care instructions will be provided to you. We need someone to help 10/15, 10/29, and 11/05. We will also need help on competition days, those dates will be provided soon with the snack schedule.
We need you!
We are in need of volunteers to help serve band meals to the kids for games and competitions. Please sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090545ada82aab9-ghsmustang
Please see the information regarding pit crew help for the McAllen trip. It takes a village!
North Texas Giving Day is September 23rd!!! This is such an exciting day because non-profits in North Texas have the opportunity to share what they bring to the community and support each other as we raise funds to lift up all non-profits.
Last year over 3300 non-profits received a total of $58.8 million dollars. GHS Band is participating again this year and OUR GOAL is $5000. Early giving has already begun!! You can search GHS Band at www.northtexasgivingday.org to donate. Donations are tax-deductible and you can print a receipt.
If you are interested in being a matching donor you can choose the amount you would like to give and email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be listed as a matching donor on our NTGD profile!! Matching donors do not pay online, but give their donation directly to the band right after Sept. 23rd.
Stay tuned for fun social media posts featuring our kids, updates to our online profile, and announcements regarding matching donors!!
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Daily Dollars fundraiser. We raised $26,862! Congratulations to Jack Markle for being the first student to complete 2 calendars and Brady Kasse for being the first student to complete 1 calendar. The drum major section raised the most money per student and enjoyed drinks from Sonic after rehearsal on Monday. We appreciate all your support for this fundraiser.
WHITE OUT SHIRTS
The theme for our Homecoming game this year is WHITE OUT! Students, parent and fans of Mustang Nation will dress in white for the October 1st game against FW Polytech in a show of unity for our great school and community. You can pick up a WHITE OUT shirt for $10 at the band hall when a band director is around or at lunches the week before the Homecoming game. We also have a form to order, pay and then pick up. Go Mustangs!
Please see the form below.
Please feel free to review the presentation above in a clickable form that you can view at your own pace.
All students and parents must join the Remind Groups. We use Remind to communicate quickly during events and will only send out messages that are important for everyone. Visit the band website for details.
You may pay for your child’s fees easily with a credit card using a Pay Pal account. To use this feature, click on the “Finances” button then choose the “Make A Trip Payment” button. If you have not set up a Pay Pal account, you will be given an option to do so. Choose to pay using your credit card, debit card, or bank account. Make secure purchases without revealing your credit card number or financial information to the GHS Band or the CHARMS system. PayPal offers one of the safest platforms for online commerce with fraud rates at a fraction of those of typical e-commerce offerings. PayPal offers ease and flexibility, accepting all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express), as well as all major debit cards and direct transfers. Please be aware that there is a fee to pay by credit card.