World War II
Inside Texas Walls
Just the beginning
What was World War II (Part 2)
World War II was a time of great loss. To put it briefly, Germany (many ran by Adolf Hitler), decided to try and conquer the world. Germany also had Italy and Japan on their side. Great Britain and France declared war on them when Hitler invaded Poland, and the second World War began. Six grueling years of pain and loss where to come. No one knew what was ahead of them.
One day, Germany got Japan to bomb Pearl Harbor, that's when the United States decided enough was enough and declared war on the Axis Powers (Germany, Japan and Italy.
World War II in Texas
- The second world war was the most widespread and deadliest war in history
- World War II involved more than 30 countries and more than 50 million deaths (military and civilian)
- The war lasted six deadly years until 1945 when the allied powers defeat both Germany and Japan
- Before the United states entered the war, Hitler already conquered 1/3 of Europe
- After the war, many blacks and hispanics returned willing to fight to end discrimination
Japanese aircrafts (about 360) attacked a major naval base at Pearl Harbor.
| || |
Axis power' military leaders (the one in the middle is Adolf Hitler)
Why I chose WWII
- I chose to do my project on world war two because it has always interested me for as long as I could remember.
- I also chose this project because i wanted to know how Texas was involved in the was. (before the project) I didn't even know if Texas even cared for the war, but i realized texas was the United States' back bone. it was always there