Welcome to Washington Elementary
January / February 2020
Jan 15 - PLC Late start, classes begin @ 9:45
Jan 17 - Popcorn Friday, $1 per bag
Jan 20 - MLK Day, NO SCHOOL
Jan 22 - Hearing and Vision Rescreen
Jan 23 - Spirit Day
Jan 24 - Records Day, NO SCHOOL
Jan 31 - Popcorn Friday, $1 per bag
Feb 3-15 - Beatrice Thornton Art Exhibit
Feb 5 - PLC Late start, classes begin @ 9:45 / Bottle Drive
Feb 7 - Neon Dance
Feb 10 - STP Meeting @ 6:30pm
Feb 13 - 1/2 day, Classes dismiss @ 11:40
Feb 14,15,17 - Mid Winter Break - NO SCHOOL
Feb 21 - Popcorn Friday, $1 per bag
Feb 25 - McTeacher Night
From the Principal
January is School Board Recognition Month - a time to salute the work of our volunteer school board members and to celebrate public education. This special recognition of school board members reflects our combined commitment to leadership and accountability assuring that ALL children succeed. Their dedication and civic responsibility make local control of public schools in our community possible. We would like to thank our School Board, who dedicates countless hours to ensure the needs of our community are met by our public schools. On behalf of Marysville Public Schools, we applaud them for their vision and voice to prepare today's students to be tomorrow's leaders.
Marysville Public Schools Board of Education
Kindergarten PARENT Orientation
Marysville Public Schools offers a Parent Orientation night for families wishing to enroll their child(ren) into Kindergarten or Developmental Kindergarten for the upcoming school year. Parent Orientation provides valuable information on what to expect when enrolling your child into school. Topics covered will include Kindergarten Assessment, Vision & Hearing Screening, as well as Kindergarten Round-Up information. Parents can attend any of the sessions listed below, even if it is not the school closest to their home. Parent Orientation dates for the 2019-20 school year are as follows:
March 16, 2020 @ 6:00 PM - Morton Elementary
March 17, 2020 @ 6:00 PM -Gardens Elementary
March 18, 2020 @ 6:00 PM -Washington Elementary
THIS MEETING IS FOR PARENTS ONLY!
We are excited to share our new Attendance Matters initiative to promote the importance of good attendance. Each month we will update our display board to show which grade scored an ATTENDANCE TOUCHDOWN. Congratulations to our 4th Graders for having the highest attendance during the month of December.
- If end of day transportation will be different, please contact the office before 2:45 pm or send in a note to let us know of the changes. We are unable to accept changes directly from your child.
- If before or after school child care is needed, please contact Latchkey @ 388-0107.
- We have Marysville High School home sporting event student tickets available for purchase in the office. These are for regular season games and they are $2.00/ticket.
- Check out Washington’s calendar for monthly events on the Marysville Public Schools website.
- Don't forget to sign up for Remind, we often post updates/reminders about important school events/information. Please click on the Remind link http://remind.com/join/99kef3 to sign up.
- Supervision in the morning does not begin until 8:00 am. Many students are arriving before 8:00 am and waiting outside and in the vestibule area. These students are unsupervised and many are not following school rules and are causing a disruption, as well as being a safety issue. If you need daycare before 8:00 am please contact the Marysville Children Center to get signed up Latchkey in our building. The Marysville Children's Center phone number is 364-3165.
Students that STEPPED UP in December 2019
Begindergarten - Liam W. / DK - Brayden M. / ECSE - Colton M. ~ Connor G. ~ Franklin B.
KA - Henley L. / KB - Spencer A. / KC - Audrey R.
1A - Ella K. / 1B - Lanah L. / 1C - Kella F.
2A - Garrett F. / 2B - Anton K. / 2C - Hope K.
3A - Wyatt S. / 3B - Rileigh B.
4A - Autumn H. / 4B - Alivia R. / 4C - Paxton M.
5A - Grace H. / 5B - Lukas E. / 5C - Fiona M.
Breakfast is offered daily here at the school for students. It is served 20 minutes before the start of the day. On a regular school day it would be from 8:10 – 8:30. On PLC late start days it is from 9:25 – 9:45. The breakfast menu can be found on the top line of the lunch menu. Any students wishing to utilize this service the cost of breakfast is $1.00 or 30 cents for families that qualify for reduced meals. Applications for free/reduced meals is available in the school office.
We would like to remind parents to make sure your children are dressed appropriately for the weather. It is best to dress in layers since we will make every effort to have outside recess. If the temperature / wind chill is over 10 degrees we will go outside for recess.
STP is our school Parent/Teacher Group, they work very hard all year by organizing fun and exciting fundraising events like our Fun Run, Movie Nights etc. Please consider attending the next STP Meeting (Jan 13th, Feb 10th). This is a great opportunity to learn how you can be more involved in your child's school and connect with other parents!
We would like to thank all the parents who have donated through our fundraisers or who have donated their time to make our events possible. We truly appreciate your continued support.
Our next Popcorn Friday will be on Jan 17th. Each bag is $1.
Our Neon Dance is scheduled for Feb 7th. More information will be coming home soon.
Don't want to make dinner? Join us for McTeacher Night on Feb 25th, 2020.