Family Edition #3 - Winter
Allison Seymour, Principal
1st Marking Period Honor Roll
1. A student must attempt at least 6.00 credits for the year.
2. A single "D", "E", "F" or "U" will automatically exclude a student from the BCPS Honor Roll for that quarter.
3. A student with only one "C" who has at least one "A" will be eligible provided criteria #1 and #2 are met.
4. A student with more than one "C" or a student with one "C" without at least one "A" who has at least a 4.00 Quality Point Average will be eligible provided criteria #1 and #2 are met.
5. Eligibility is based entirely on academic achievement.
Teacher of the Year Nomination
Partnership with ClancyWorks Dance Company has resumed!
A Focus on Academic Excellence
Internship Experiences Continue to Grow
We currently have 30 students placed for internships at 23 companies and schools. Through these internship students are learning and growing many skills that they will be able to take with them as they move on to the next phase of their life. Several of these students already have job placement opportunities to continue with their position upon graduation and begin their careers.
Most recently the students below had an opportunity to interview for various positions with BGE. We are excited about the possibility of them working with this company.
To learn more about how students can participate in internships, please contact Ms. Kelly Olds (email@example.com)
This year, Lansdowne High had TWO students chosen as QuestBridge Finalists - Michael Omolade and Jessica Ononye. Congratulations, Michael and Jessica!
Yearbooks are on Sale!
Last chance to order the 2022 yearbook is Feb. 25. To purchase online, go to https://tinyurl.com/Lansdowneyearbook
YEARBOOK: $52.00 (plus Tax)
SPRING SUPPLEMENT: $5.15 (plus Tax)
YEARBOOK + SPRING SUPPLEMENT $57.15 (plus Tax)
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Winter Athletes Excelled this Season!
* Congratulations to the JV Wrestling team for placing 11th out of 24th teams at the JV Championship! This is a huge deal for our program because there were only FOUR (4) boys on the team competing. We are proud of the following student-athletes: Riley Young – 3rd place! Brian Perdue 4th place! Anthony Nguyen 5th place!
* Congratulations to our Cheerleading squad for making it to the 2A North Regional Competition.
* Congratulations to our Indoor Track Team for competing in the 2A North Regional Meet. Additional congratulations to Nick Bentley and Ginigeme Anyaoha for qualifying for States.
We look forward to celebrating the successes of our Varsity Wrestling team, Girls and Boys Basketball programs and our Bocce team soon.
Our SPARC students are on FIRE!
2nd Marking Period Honor Roll
On Friday, February 25th, we will host a special breakfast for those students who were named to Principal's Honor Roll for earning a non-weighted GPA of 3.75 or higher for second marking period.
Student Password Change
NEW! Pin #s for Lunch
Please keep this in mind:
- Lunch and Breakfast will continue to be FREE for all students.
- At this time, there is still no a la carte items (i.e. snacks, water or drinks)
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the school.
Mark Your Calendars!
February 21st: No School
March 5th: 3rd Marking Period Interim Grades available
March 8th: Parent/Guardian Conference Week (teachers will reach out to parents and
guardians to discuss academic concerns)
March 18th: 3-hour early dismissal for all students and staff
April 1st: 3rd marking period ends
April 8th: Start of Spring Break
April 19th: Return from Spring Break
April 26th: SAT School Day for Juniors
April 28th: Lanscape Cultural Festival Returns, 5 – 7 PM
April 29th: Junior Prom @ LHS
May 20th: Last Day for Seniors
May 20th: 3-hour early dismissal for students and staff
May 27th: Senior Prom, 6 – 10 PM @ Baltimore Museum of History
May 30th: No School
June 16th: Last possible day of school (subject to change)
"Beauty and the Beast" Takes the Stage at LHS
Please consider joining us on Friday, March 11th or Saturday, March 12th at 7:00 PM. Tickets will go on sale soon.