The Bulldog Buzz!
Week of May 16, 2016
How will you CHANGE THE WORLD by sharing & supporting your opinion?
Monday, May 16th, 3-4pm
- Superintendent's Budget Presentation
- Rowan University PDS Presentation
The Curriculum Corner: What to expect from a PDS partnership...
Some of you are probably wondering...what does being a PDS mean? What will we have to do? Will it be a lot of work? These are all valid questions and we will be answering them all on Monday; however, here is what you can expect: This partnership will give us access to resources through the University. We will have "first dibs" on student teachers (via a building interview committee), and have professors/doctoral students as coaches throughout the building. Our site committee will work with administration and the University to develop PD & even course offerings! In short we will be taking our relationship with Rowan to new heights! Have a great weekend & be ready to cast your vote on Monday!
1st graders are working with tiered vocabulary.
Words to Inspire
2nd grade is taking care of our environment & our community!
News & Notes
- DOMAIN 4: My goal is to have all D4 evaluations completed by the end of May so that we can focus on PDP's & SGO's in June. If we haven't met to review & score Domain 4, please reach out to Joan to schedule a time for us to meet.
- Bullock Garden Updates: If you are interested in joining the Bullock Green Team, we will meet on Thursday, May 19th after school in room D2 (Tees/Harris). The Bullock Garden fundraiser will continue through May 27th.
- Monday is the BIG DAY! Can't wait to have the Rowan University staff here! See below for a sneak preview & if you have any questions let me know!
You're the Best...Quotes from the Staff!
- Kassie, Thanks for planning an amazing trip to the Aquarium!!
- I consider myself blessed to work with the first grade team!
- Thank you SECOND grade TEAM for a great trip!
- Thank you to Kassie for organizing such a great second grade trip! We are grateful for all your hard work.
- Also: Thank you to Kassie for helping me with my Elmo issues. I really appreciate it!
- Congrats to Katie and Julie on their Graduation from Rowan!!!!
- Shout out to Dionne for always helping out and making me smile!
- Thank you to Theresa for all that you do!
- Thank you to Joan and Carol you are our glue – keep us together!
- Lauren Moss you are awesome! Stay Positive.
- Alex, thanks for letting me use your Elmo. You are always so kind!
- Great job with the Pajama Drive- Rita, Donna, and all others involved. What a heartwarming endeavor!
- Bernadette, thanks for always being willing to lend a helping hand with various art projects in the school
- Thank you to the Bullock Garden OG’s. You are amazing!
- Puddie…thanks for being my sunshine on a cloudy day!
- Thank you Des and Jacky for giving our class treats during the PARCC!!!
- Thank you very much for all of the donations to the Pajama Drive. It is greatly appreciated.
- 05/02 - PARCC Assessment Week #2 (5/2-5/6)
- 05/05 - Faculty Meeting & Collaboration Day
- 05/09 - PARCC Make-up Week (5/9-5/13)
- 05/10 - 2nd Grade Trip (Camden Aquarium)
- 05/11 - Bulldog Buddies Meeting
- 05/19 - CAST Paperwork DUE
- 05/26 - CAST Meetings; 3rd Grade Honors Choir Concert
- 05/27 - Bowe Band Assembly (9:45); Star Student Luncheon
- 05/30 - School Closed (Memorial Day)