April 11, 2014
Congratulations to Alyssa for being offered and accepting the fifth-grade position at Willow Creek! We will miss you!
Thanks to all who helped during kindergarten pre-registration - Stacy, Melody, Melissa, Janet, Sonia, Jasmine, and Donna, you're much appreciated!!!
Thanks to Zohaib and the bilingual team for attending our PTO meeting!!!
Grade Level Meetings
Grade level teams across the district will meet for a half day in late April to discuss literacy and share Common Core Math Curriculum resources and needs. "B" Week activities may need to be rescheduled in order to accommodate this schedule. Substitutes will be provided via the Office of Teaching and Learning.
ELL and Special Education staff members will be invited to these meetings based on the grade level assignments listed in the Master Calendar document.
- 8:00- 11:00 First Grade
- 12:30-3:30 Second Grade
- 8:00- 11:00 Third Grade
- 12:30-3:30 Fourth Grade
- 8:00- 11:00 Fifth Grade
- 12:30-3:30 Sixth Grade
Gifted Identification Meetings
In order for principals to better understand the gifted identification process, Kelly will be bringing the identification panels to each building. A half day has been allocated for her to meet with the building principal, gifted specialist, and one classroom teacher who is GES (Gifted Education Seminar) certified. Wednesday, May 7th from 8:00am-11:00am has been designated for Meadowview.
Notes and Reminders
- The spring conferences are not optional. They are required and will be held as outlined below. We will have a conference scheduling meeting for certified staff on Tuesday, April 22nd from 3:00-3:30pm. Please plan to attend.
- If you are planning on taking a personal day, please let us know as soon as possible. Three-day advance notice is required, but not preferred. In order to secure a sub, we'd prefer to know as soon as possible. Thank you!
- Thank you for your patience with us securing a TA (for those this impacts). It looks like we'll have someone beginning next week. Also, we are still working on securing someone for the open speech position. Thank you for your understanding and know that we are doing everything within our power to fill open positions. It's a very difficult time of year to hire for full-time positions. Again, thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions or concerns, please see me.
- End of year data reviews are TENTATIVELY scheduled for Tuesday, May 27th. Please use a pencil when marking this in your calendar. We'll let you know once a schedule is confirmed.
- The End of Year PARCC Assessment for many 3rd and 6th grades is TENTATIVELY scheduled for May 13th and May 15th. Again, use pencil for that one, too. :)
- Many of you have wonderful suggestions for our master schedule. We are beginning to look at scheduling for next school year. Please feel free to email me any suggestions. As you know, there are dozens of factors considered when creating the master schedule and all suggestions may not be able to be accommodated. Your feedback is appreciated!!!
- Grades are due April 15th by 8am - no exceptions. Report cards go out April 17th.
- Click here to see the proposed calendar for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Please continue to take notes and post them during mid-day collaboration. Some teams are using Google Docs, while others are emailing the minutes, and others are using PD 360. Please feel free to use the format you so choose.
- We will be sorting/clustering classes for next year at our May 16th School Improvement Day. Directions will follow.
- The after-school activity bus that is used for after-school club students CAN be used for other students staying after school for whatever reason (as long as they typically take the bus home).
Monday, April 14th - Reg and a few others out at a workshop focused on the Next Generation Science Standards. The workshop will take place at the PDC.
Monday, April 14th - Online Registration Opens for the 2014-2015 School Year
Tuesday, April 15th - Market Day Pick-Up 5:00pm-6:00pm - Meadowview LRC
Wednesday, April 16th - District Battle of the Books - Jefferson Junior High
Wednesday, April 16th - We will be following a Friday schedule
Thursday, April 17th - 3rd Grade Field Trip to Museum of Science and Industry
Thursday, April 17th - Report Cards Issued
Thursday, April 17th - Talent Show Tryout Note Goes Home
Friday, April 18th - NO SCHOOL - Spring Holiday
Monday, April 21st - Monday Meeting for ALL Staff
Monday, April 21st - 6th Grade Parent Meeting 6:30pm - Jefferson Junior High
Tuesday, April 22nd - Conference Scheduling Meeting for CERTIFIED Staff 3:00pm-3:30pm
Wednesday, April 23rd - 6th Grade Visits Jefferson Junior High 8:40am-10:45am
Thursday, April 24th - Open House/Ice Cream Social in the Evening - Meadowview
Friday, April 25th - Preschool Screening
Saturday, April 26th - Young Authors Conference 9:00am-12:30pm - Jefferson Junior High
Monday, April 28th - School Board Meeting 7:30pm - Jefferson Junior High
Tuesday, April 29th - Second Year Band Tour 1:15pm - Meadowiew Gym
Wednesday, April 30th - First Grade Field Trip to Brookfield Zoo
Thursday, May 1st - EARLY DISMISSAL Parent/Teacher Conferences 3:00pm-8:00pm
Friday, May 2nd - NO SCHOOL Parent/Teacher Conferences 11:00am-4:00pm
Monday, May 5th - Buffalo Wild Wings Restaurant Fundraiser
Wednesday, May 7th - DARE Graduation for Grades 4-6 10:00-11:00am
Wednesday, May 7th - 1st/2nd Grade Musical and 5th/6th Gr. Chorus Assembly 1:15pm
Wednesday, May 7th - 1st/2nd Grade Musical and 5th/6th Chorus Concert PM - JJH
Thursday, May 8th - 6th Grade Field Trip to Chicago Symphony Orchestra 9:00am-12:15pm
Thursday, May 8th - Talent Show Tryouts 3:00pm-5:00pm
Thursday, May 8th - PTO Meeting 7:00pm - Meadowview LRC
Friday, May 9th - Pro Kids Assembly 1:00pm
Friday, May 9th - Family Night (Pro Kids Presentation) - Jefferson Junior High
Tuesday, May 13th - Market Day Pick-Up 5:00pm
Tuesday, May 13th - Thursday, May 15th - Book Fair
Thursday, May 15th - Family Reading Night/Book Fair
Friday, May 16th - NO SCHOOL Teacher Inservice
Friday, May 16th - 6th Grade DARE Lock-in 7:00pm - Jefferson Junior High
Monday, May 19th - School Board Meeting 7:30pm - Jefferson Junior High
Tuesday, May 20th - Talent Show Practice 3:00pm-5:00pm
Thursday, May 22 - Talent Show Practice 3:00pm-5:00pm
Friday, May 23rd - Volunteer Appreciation Dinner in the Evening
Monday, May 26th - NO SCHOOL Memorial Day
Tuesday, May 27th - Talent Show Dress Rehearsal 3:00pm-5:00pm
Wednesday, May 28th - Meadowview Talent Show 1pm
Thursday, May 29th - Last Day of After School Clubs
Friday, May 30th - Student Council/Patrol Field Trip
Here are this week's colleague to colleague bucket fillers...
- Melissa, thank you for arranging the Battle of the Books contest. It was a great success! - Soukup
- Barb, thanks for always lending a helping hand whenever it is needed! You're an asset to Meadowview.
- Melody and Stacy, thanks for your help and welcoming smiling faces throughout the week. - Jill
- Melissa, Rachel M, Reg, Michele, Lisa P, Megan, and Donna, thank you for all of the help with PARCC Testing. You all made it run smoothly! - Soukup
- Melissa, you rock! Thank you for helping me with PARCC. - Soukup
- Donna and Mary Beth, thanks for organizing and preparing the preschool screening folders. - Jill
- Karen, thanks for all of your insights and brainstorming constantly to meet student needs! - Jill