Class of 2023 - Scheduling Recap
Choosing classes for sophomore year
Recap of the scheduling presentation in English class
Here are the basics:
- Make sure you can access your ICAP in your Google Drive.
- Please make sure your 8th and 9th grade classes are filled in on your ICAP.
- Start working on entering the classes you want to take for the remainder of high school in your ICAP sheet.
- Make sure you are filling in the Resume tab on your ICAP to keep a record of your extra and co-curricular activities.
- Sophomores will take: English II, World History, your next math and next science (see progressions in the presentation and talk with your science teacher) as well as 3 electives to equal 7 total credits.
- Course request forms MUST have a parent signature.
- Make sure you have your alternates listed in the alternate courses box!
- If I do not get your course request form back, I will be creating your schedule for you!
As a reminder, if you have any classes that you failed this year, you will need to either attend summer school (this is the ideal choice) for credit recovery or else you WILL double up on those classes next year. Ex: you failed first semester of Algebra I - you can either attend summer school or you will have 2 math classes first semester of next year and will lose out on taking an elective class. Same goes for any core class that you didn't pass first semester. Please contact me if you have any questions about this.
Course request forms are due Friday, March 6th to the counseling office.