Famous Portrait and landscape photographer.
- Joel Meyerowitz was born in New York in 1938. Right now he is 78 years old.
- His only parent was Hy Meyerowitz.
- He attended Hunter College and the University of New York in 1961 and Ohio State in 1959.
- He is still alive today and brought color photography into a more accepted view.
- He got over 300 of his photographs in museum exhibits, his most famous being the 9/11 recovery photos.
- He thinks his work shows the true meaning of whats happening in this world.
- Most people say his work stands out because he was the first to bring color photos into a accepted view.
- I like this person because he takes pictures showing life going on like in his 9/11 pictures.
- Inspired to start photography from Henri Cartier-Bresson and Robert Frank.
1.https://www.lensculture.com/articles/joel-meyerowitz-joel-meyerowitz-color-work-1970-1980-changing-time, Joel Meyerowitz Color Work, 1970-1980, Changing Time, Michaël Houlette, June 2005.
2. http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2012/nov/11/joel-meyerowitz-taking-my-time-interview, Joel Meyerowitz: 'brilliant mistakes ... amazing accidents', Sean O'Hagan, Saturday 10 November 2012 19.05 EST.
3. http://erickimphotography.com/blog/2014/01/22/12-lessons-joel-meyerowitz-has-taught-me-about-street-photography/, 12 Lessons Joel Meyerowitz Has Taught Me About Street Photography, ERIC KIM, Unknown copyright date.