April Tiger Times SV.21
Week of Monday, April 17th - Friday, April 21st, 2023
WELCOME BACK FROM SPRING BREAK!
HAPPENINGS THIS WEEK
Monday, 4/17 - NYSESLAT Listening Testing
Wednesday, 4/19 - Thursday, 4/20 - NYS ELA Exams
Grade 8 - Paper Based Test Periods 1, 2, 3
Grade 7 - Computer Based Test (CBT) Periods 2, 3, 4
Friday, 4/21, ELA Make-up Exams
As we gear up for the 2023 Summer Institutes - We ask that you use the link below to complete the survey at your earliest convenience. We would like to use a combination of our teachers who are selected and independent presenters to lead the summer institute workshops. Remember, your voice matters, so make it count!
- Only administrators can assign students to In School Suspension (ISS). Student work must be submitted to Mr. Saunders no later than the start of the school day.
- Attendance is required to be taken within the first 15 minutes of the start of class. If a student is not in class they must be marked absent so that their parent/guardian are promptly notified. Grade 8 - students who arrive to school by 7:45am, must be marked present. Grade 7 - students who arrive to school by 8:35am, must be marked present. Any student reporting after these established times are to be marked late.
- Teachers are required to ensure all classroom doors, (especially those that are not occupied) and exterior doors (doors leading to the outside) are closed and locked at all times. Leaving unoccupied classroom doors unlocked and exterior doors open poses a safety hazard to students and staff. Additionally, all teaching staff are required to stand outside of classrooms during the changing of classes and dismissals to ensure a smooth transition from class to class and dismissal .
- SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS: If you are covering a class for the day, in the absences of lesson plans left by the classroom teacher, all students are to log on to iReady and complete a minimum of two reading and one math assignment. This is being monitored by administration.
- The Lesson Objective is to be visible to students at all times during instruction so that they can reference as needed to ensure be successful in accomplishing the goal of the lesson.
- Printed lesson plans are to be available near the door (in hanging file holders).
- Unannounced observations conducted by Hempstead High School, District Administration, and Independent Evaluators are wrapping up. Remember to log into My Learning Plan and acknowledge all components of your evaluation.
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK!
UPGRADES AT ABGS CONTINUE
- The Energy Efficient Project at ABGS has resulted in better lighting, more efficient heating and ventilation, upgraded stripping of entry doors, and a host of other energy efficient upgrades! The focus now turns to wiring and electrical upgrades.
ATTENDANCE OFFICE UPDATE
As per March 20, 2023 -
- When students are bought into the attendance office after parents are contacted, please do not leave the students in the attendance office awaiting pick up (we make confidential calls to CPS, meet with parents etc.).
- For interpretation/Translation services, please utilize the Bilingual staff that are on the docket (referred back to November’s meeting notes). Interpretation requests are becoming overwhelming.
- Anyone requesting report cards will be redirected to the clinicians in the building.
- Please inform your security staff not to bring parents to the attendance office unannounced. Attendance staff will greet parents/guardian at the door.
Thanking you in advance
Laptop Carts & Laptop Keys
We will be discontinuing the lending of Laptop Carts while we begin our preparations for the 7th Grade NYS ELA CBT.
NYS ELA Test is here. Good Luck to everyone!! Both students and proctors, YOU GOT THIS!!
Thank you for your flexibility and consideration in making the NYS ELA CBT a successful one.
Loaner Laptops need to be returned at the end of every school day!! The students are able to drop off prior to their last period.
8th Grade loaner laptops are being used by teachers due to the fact that 2 students have not brought back those loaners since September. These are a first come, first serve premise if you only need 1 - 4 during the day.
7th Grade loaner laptops are distributed in the morning, prior to Period 2. If a student is late and needs a laptop, please send them with a pass. These laptops are first come, first serve.