The Ririe Report
- We will learn about division situations and models.
- Divide by 1 and 2 digit divisors
Science - We will explore properties of light
Some of my students (this does not apply to students who had long-term absences) had a difficult time getting their work turned in in a timely manner. When work is not turned in, I enter a 50 in HAC with a note that the grade will be updated once the work has been turned in.
I think it is important that students keep track of their assignments and take responsibility for turning in their work, after all, next year they are going to have to do that for several teachers.
My policy has been to:
1. Let students come in in the morning (7:30) to finish work in my classroom. When planning to do this, it is helpful if the student eats breakfast at home so they don't spend the time in the cafeteria eating breakfast.
2. Have students use "Ketchup and Pickles" time on Fridays to make up work. I reserve the last 45 minute of class on Friday for students who have turned in all their work to pick (pickles) an activity or catch-up (ketchup) on work.
3. Post a list of assignments due and names of students (every Monday)
4. Give daily reminders.
Crazy Water Molecules
Work and Play
These girls love to play with my electrical circuits.
These girls loved building a roller coaster.
Last week we worked on a math project where students chose a business and wrote word problems related to that business. These kids enjoyed working together.
SOAR Card Update
As always, SOAR cards go home on Fridays and students are asked to bring them back - signed by you - the following Monday.