February 1st -14th
Virtual MC^2 Parent Meeting Night # 2
Dear Mustang Families:
TELPAS assessment season starts this upcoming February. This test measures the English proficiency of students who are identified as English language learners. Please watch the video below to get more information about the assessment process and student participation.
Character Trait of the Month - February is Resilience
To show the spirit, students are encouraged to wear YELLOW on Thursday, February 4th.
Feb. 3rd - Counselor's Day
To help us celebrate, we are asking students to draw a picture showing how Mrs. Sepulveda has impacted or helped them during their time at Martin and posting a picture of it on Twitter with the hashtag #SepulvedaCares and make sure to tag Martin by adding @Martin_Mustangs to your tweet.
Check out the Martin Interactive Library Space Newsletter for Happenings in the Library!
New dates for the curbside library will be posted for the Spring semester. Check them out!
Zoom Book Clubs are beginning this semester. If you are interested in your child being in a book club, please let me know. See the Survey in the library Newsletter.
Click on the link below for more information about "happenings in our library!"
Message from Nurse Shy
Parents, our priority is to keep your children safe and healthy as we approach face to face learning. Please continue to encourage your child to wash hands frequently, wear their mask (when appropriate), drink lots of fluids, choose healthy habits, and outdoor exercise!
Cases are rising in our community, and we need your help to reduce the spread. Continue to abide by the safety measures and communicate with the school about positive cases in your household.
- NOTIFY the school nurse/principal immediately if your child or a family member tested positive for COVID-19
- EMAIL results to email@example.com
- If you suspect your child or a family member has COVID-like symptoms https://www.texaschildrens.org/notices/about_coronavirus contact your doctor immediately to get tested and remain at home and away from others for a period of 14 days, or until you receive clearance from the doctor.
Free COVID Rapid Testing Sites
- Hasting Crump Stadium “Highstar” Ticket Booth
- Mon-Fri: 8am – 11am & 1pm-4 pm (Remote & In-person)
- Martin Elementary: 9 am – 2 pm (In-person only) if students visit the nurse's office with symptoms.
Flu season is still here! Monitor your children closely for flu-like symptoms https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/index.html
Some Ways to prevent the flu are:
- Get your flu shot
- Wash your Hands frequently
- Practice ways to prevent flu
- Follow up with your family doctor when your child displays symptoms
Virtual Residency Program with Houston Ensemble Theater
There are still spaces available for the Virtual Residency Program with the Houston Ensemble Theater. This program is fully virtual from 4pm - 6pm for students in grades 2nd through 4th. This program is grant based and are required to have at least twenty students in order for it to continue. The program is separate from CIA, therefore students do not have to be in CIA in order to attend the program. It is 100% free for students and they will be focusing on play writing, music, drama and dance.
- Duration is for 8 – weeks
- 2 hours per day after school
- Selected days are Mon, Tues., and Thursday
- Courses of study: music, dance, play writing, and drama
- Platform is virtual – students will login from their homes
- 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Graders
To sign up or get more information, click on the link below.
For more information, please view the attached flyer in both English and Spanish or visit the website https://brighterbites.org/
Student Residency Questionnaire
All Alief families are asked to complete a student residency questionnaire. The purpose of this questionnaire is to give the district a better idea of how to support our students and families. This year the form has been made accessible online. Please take a few minutes to complete the important form as soon as possible. Click on the link below to access the form. If you have already completed the questionnaire, you do not need to complete it again. If you have NOT completed the questionnaire, it is VERY important that you complete is as soon as possible. Thank you for your support in this matter.
Home Access Center
Once this is up-to-date, you can gain access to the Alief Home Access Center. This is the location you will receive emergency information, your child's Progress Reports and Report card, gradebook access, and other important information.
For details on how to login and navigate the Home Access Center, please click below: