Badger Parents Newsletter
Volume 1, Issue 12
OUR NEXT MONTH AT A GLANCE
Band Pops Concert @ EWMS / Beginners @ 6:00 / Symphonic & Honors @ 7:00 pm
- Soccer Games vs. Prairie Vista @ Saginaw High School / 5:30 & 6:40
- 5th 6 Weeks Celebration
- End of 5th Six Weeks
- No School - Bad Weather Make up Day
- Art- 8th Grade Students trip to Main Street Festival
- 6th Grade Choir- Six Flags Trip
- 6th Six Weeks Begins
- Mr. Knowles turns 50!
- Report Cards Sent Home
- Art Experience @ CTHS / 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Congratulations, Kylie Wallace!
Winner of our Texas Public Schools Week contest. She had the honor to read her story to Mr. Willkie while enjoying a wonderful lunch! Kylie wrote about what it meant to work the Willkie Way. Mr. Willkie thought it was absolutely perfect!
A message from our Nurse:
Attention 6th Grade parents!!!
We want to inform you that all 6 graders will be needing immunizations prior to entering 7th grade in Fall 2016. In response to this, we will be having an immunization clinic that will be held at Ed Willkie Middle School on April 14, 2016, from 9-11 a.m. Only students with Medicaid, Chip, No Insurance or Underinsured will be immunized at the school or TCPH clinics. Please make note that if the student has Private Pay insurance that covers all the required vaccines, they will not be able to be immunized at the school immunization clinic. All incoming 7th graders will need to obtain the below vaccines before the start of the 2016-2017 school year.
Required immunizations for entering 7th grade:
- Tdap Booster - within the past 5 yrs
- Varicella - must have 2 doses of the vaccine received on or after the 1st birthday or written proof of having had the chickenpox.
- MCV - (meningococcal )one dose
Upcoming Important Dates:
- 5/9- STAAR Testing / 6th & 7th Grade Math / 8th Grade STAAR Retest / Closed Campus to Visitors
- 5/10- STAAR Testing / 6th & 7th Grade Reading / 8th Grade STAAR Retest / Closed Campus to Visitors
- 5/11- STAAR Testing / 8th Grade Science / Closed Campus to Visitors
- 5/12- STAAR Testing / 8th Grade Social Studies / Closed Campus to Visitors
- 5/30- School Holiday / No School
A message from our Librarian:
The end of the school year is rapidly approaching and it's time to start tying up loose ends. Please communicate with your student(s) regarding any overdue books or fines that might need to be settled in the library. Overdue book/fine notices are being distributed to students on a regular basis, but your student's personal library account can also accessed at any time by logging into Destiny Quest under the Library tab of the EWMS website. Students' ID number serves as their username and password. Please contact Mrs. Peters with any questions or concerns: email@example.com or 817-237-9631, ext. 5530.
- April 14th is the deadline for students to take Lone Star Reading list tests in order to be eligible for the field trip.
- May 2nd - May 6th - For Teacher Appreciation Week, I'd like to set up an Appreciation Station in the library where students may write thank you notes (provided) to a teacher/staff member for which they are appreciative.
- May 13th - Last day to check out library books, district-wide.
- May 17th - All books due to library/Lone Star Field Trip to ITz Pizza.
- May 23-27th - Spring Book Fair
The mission of Eagle Mountain-Saginaw Independent School District is
to foster a culture of excellence that instills a passion for a lifetime of