ICEF Weekly Newsletter
December 6, 2015
Welcome to Week 17!
December 10 - Director WebEx Training - Finances and Contracts, 9:00AM
December 16 - ICEF Holiday Party, Location TBD
December 17 - Directors' Meeting
Directors/IS's - Just a reminder, starting in January, Directors' meetings will be moved back to the first Thursday of the month and IS meetings to the 3rd Thursday of the month. Thank you for your understanding on this schedule change. Calendar updates will be sent out next week.
Focus for the Week - TEF 1.3A, Lesson Design Guided by Data, (SAME AS LAST WEEK)
- Directors and IS's - how will you make sure data is used to guide instruction?
- How are we using Interim data?
News, Helpful Hints, and Reminders
From the Academic Team -
- We may see some changes to NCLB soon! Last week, the re-authorized ESEA (NCLB) passed in the House. Stay tuned for updates. Interested in finding out more? Check out the ESEA Cheat Sheet - http://mobile.edweek.org/c.jsp?cid=25920011&item=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.edweek.org%2Fv1%2Fblog%2F49%2F%3Fuuid%3D55590
- Directors - Please continue to engage your stakeholders update your LCAP and SPSA summaries. If you need assistance, please contact Marie or Ryan.
- Directors/Academic Team - Please provide Lauren any requested information regarding SARC.
- Directors/Instructional Specialists - The deadline (DECEMBER 1) has passed to set up CAASPP testing administration in TOMS. An informational archived Webcast explaining how to set up test administrations in TOMS is available to view at http://www.caaspp.org/training/caaspp/. In addition, the 2015–16 TOMS Test Administration Setup Guide is available on the TOMS Web page athttp://www.caaspp.org/administration/toms/. You can also download it directly at http://www.caaspp.org/rsc/pdfs/CAASPP.test_admin_setup.2016.pdf. This manual contains instructions and guidelines for setting up your test administrations in TOMS.
Please note the following reports due by 5PM this week -
- Monday, December 7, the November Meal Count
Tuesday: Month 4 Attendance Report (SOM’s: make sure your calendar in Illuminate is correct). [email it toAttendance@icefps.org or upload it to Google Drive or bring a copy in a prepared binder not in a rubber band
- Directors - please remember to keep Jamie McAndrews updated of any Arts programs, partnerships, or offerings (current and potential!)
ICEF is in our second year of the PEP (Physical Education Program) Grant. This is a federal grant that has funded PE equipment, professional development and other supports for physical activity and nutrition. This is a 3 year grant. However year 3 is in jeopardy of not being funded. Congress will be voting this week on whether or not to fund year 3 across the country.
**Help by sending a letter to Congress expressing your support. Please see an email dated December 1 from Jacqueline Cohen, our PEP Manager.
Celebrations and Worth Noticing!
- Thank you to all for your participation and engagement in the November 30 Data Day. And thank you, once again, to Vista for your hospitality!
- Cheers to our PEP team for providing us with yoga at this past week's Data Day!
- VPPHS received kudos from LAUSD for having no reds on their latest 311 report! Thank you for keeping us compliant!
- ICEF is once again being featured at this year's CCSA conference! The session "Moving Away from Sage on the Stage Teaching: Targeted Group Structures" has been accepted as a breakout session for the 23rd Annual California Charter Schools Conference being held Monday, March 14 to Thursday, March 17, 2016 at the Long Beach Convention Center. Thank you, Development and Communications Team for working in conjunction with the Academic Team to get our achievements highlighted!