Distance Learning Academy K-5
Weekly Update - February 26
K-5 DLA families,
This week I was able to see some of our wonderful students on-site receiving one-on-one support. If you are able, please take advantage of this wonderful opportunity. Our teachers and support staff look forward to seeing our student's faces, interacting with them, and seeing them grow academically and socially.
If by chance a time slot is full, please reach out to your teacher to schedule an appointment during a time that works for you and your student.
REMEMBER! PLEASE READ WITH YOUR CHILD EVERY DAY FOR AT LEAST 20 MINUTES!
MARCH MATHNESS STARTS MONDAY!
YEARBOOK and student pictures
- Take a portrait picture of your child
- Simple background image, please
- The picture should be top of shoulders to top of the head.
- Send a digital copy to your teacher
DEADLINE MARCH, 11
Bag lunches and Viking Vittles
Bag lunches are provided Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11-12pm at the Gateway North Mall for any Distance Learning Academy students.
Viking Vittles are available for pickup Monday - Friday from 7:30-2:30 pm at the Gateway North Mall to any family in need
AS ALWAYS, Additional Friendly Reminders
- Focus on Reading and Math
- Ritual and Routines - Stay to your daily schedule
- Remember that your teacher continues to be available during school hours (7:00-3:00) for help (call, text, email)!
- North Branch Devices: email@example.com
- Calvert Learning help: 1-800-447-5386
Attendance line for DLA: 651-674-1062
- to be counted present for the day, you must submit at least one assignment in one subject. If this isn’t possible please contact your teacher.
- If you are ahead with lessons and plan to take a day off, please communicate with your teacher. We don’t want to mark you absent.
Thank you and have a wonderful weekend,
David S Treichel
Distance Learning Academy