MSA Parent Update
April 24, 2018
THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR IS COMING QUICKLY!!
STATE TESTING HAS STARTED
The state testing window has started for Spring 2018. Click here for more information on the scheduled times for your child's grade level. Of course, this is an outline, and students' testing days may be modified due to circumstances, but you will have a general guideline for the upcoming schedule. Please check the following notes to help them be prepared:
• Help assure that your child is prepared by getting a good night's sleep and a healthy breakfast before the test.
• Attendance is essential - please make sure that your child comes to school on the days of their tests. Of course, if they are sick, keep them home, but if they can make it in to school, please do all you can to get them here during testing.
• A complete list of testing dates is available on the school's website - www.msfta.org.
• A note about cell phones - we request that students do not bring cell phones to school on testing days. If a child does bring their cell phone to school on a testing day, the phone will be collected during the testing time and not returned until after the testing period is over each day. This includes lunch time if a student is scheduled for lunch between testing sessions. As per state regulations, students are not allowed to have access to communication devices during their testing time, and we will not return cell phones until after the testing period is completed. Thank you for your understanding of this important regulation.
• Please do not plan any appointments or to pick your child up during a testing time. Doing this will automatically invalidate your child's test, which will lead to them losing electives and needing to take required remediation classes next year. Please make appointments outside your child's scheduled testing time.
Thank you for your attention to this important information, and let us know if you have any questions.
6TH GRADE ETIQUETTE DANCE
FINAL EXAM SCHEDULE - HS COURSES
Senior Exam Schedule
May 4 - A and C
May 7 - E and G
May 8 - B and D
May 9 - F and H
May 10 (AM ONLY) - Make-up Exams
High School Final Exam Schedule
May 21 - F and H
May 22 - B and D
May 23 - E and G
May 24 - A and C
May 25 and 29 - Make-up Exams
Are you ready to start your Triple Threat Training-
Auditions for MSA Jr. Thespians will be Monday April 30th. In Room M7.
Please sign up for auditions and get a form in Room 12 or Room M7 from Ms. Ross or in House A from Ms. Frazier.
Auditions for High School Thespian will be Monday May 7th. Pick up Applications from M7 from Ms. Ross or House A from Ms Frazier.
Be ready to sing/dance and act!!! Get your application TODAY!
PARENT PICK UP REMINDERS
The entrance of Riviera Dunes, the bank, rehab center, the furniture store or the Courtney are not places that students may be picked up at the end of the day.
We have great relationships with our neighbors and we can't interfere with their businesses or the daily function of their clients. All surrounding businesses have been advised to call local law enforcement if they continue to have problems with parents picking up on their property.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR
Notes from the Music Department
The Music Department has released a new album! They can be purchased at all music events for $10 each!
Congratulations to the students who competed in the Solo & Ensemble State contest and receiving STRAIGHT SUPERIORS on all entries! Above all, Kaitlyn Allan was awarded to be showcased at the Honors Recital for receiving a Superior+ rating.
- Kaitlyn Allan (Superior+ --> chosen for Honors Recital)
- Savanna DePatie
- Ava Irizarry
- Lauren McLean (two Superiors for duet AND solo entries!)
Attention 6th Grade Students - Shot Updates Required BEFORE starting 7th Grade
The State of Florida requires proof of immunization for all students entering 7th grade each year. This proof must be on the official State of Florida Immunization Form (DH680... the Blue Card) which is obtained from your doctor's office or the Health Department. The following immunizations must be documented on this form:
* Tetanus, Diphtheria, and acellular pertussis (Tdap) - This is the update shot that you need for 7th Grade.
* Hepatitis B vaccine series
* Varicella vaccine or the year of disease
* Two doses of MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella)
Please see your doctor or the Health Department for more information and to assure that your child has met these requirements. This documentation must be submitted to the school before the first day of school next year (August 10). Students will not be allowed to come to school until these shot requirements are met. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
Rainy Day Dismissal in SEVERE Weather
Please note the following rainy day procedures and expect that dismissal on those days will take longer than normal. Together, we will keep our students safe and get them home as dry as possible. In the event of severe weather, we will change our release procedure to ensure the safety of our students.
We will release all bus riders first. All parent pick-up cars must pull into the parent pick-up loop. MSA staff will instruct you what to do at that point. After all buses are gone, we will move the vehicles from the car rider loop to the front of the school. The staff member in the car rider loop will direct you when to move. Do not come into the front parking lot until you are released from the car rider loop. Cars in the front parking lot will hinder the movement of the buses and will slow the entire release process. We will have all students who are car riders waiting in the front of the school. We will call the students out once you have moved to the front of the school. Please talk to your child about being quiet and patient while waiting.
We will only use this Rainy Day procedure for lightning and other severe weather conditions. Please make sure that your child comes to school prepared for rain. Our school store has ponchos on sale for $1.00. It is always a good idea for a student to have a poncho available in their backpack for rainy days. We realize that this procedure will lengthen the time it will take to get the students home and we appreciate your patience as we go through the infrequent rainy dismissals.
Thank you for your understanding. Additionally, we will use a texting feature on our parent notification system to notify you if there are any changes in dismissal procedures.
Parents of high school students: Did you know that the MSA High School Guidance Team posts scholarship opportunities on the school's website? Please click on the link https://www.msfta.org/Page/1554 to view the scholarships. The "Current Available Scholarship" link is updated on a regular basis, so please check back often.
Applications for 2018-2019
Thanks for all you do to make MSA a GREAT place. It is only with your support and helping us spread the good word about our school and programs that we can be more successful in the future.
Ireland - Spring 2019
Checking School Announcements
Please be sure to keep up with what is going on here at MSA!
27 - Dance Excellence Concert - 7:00
28 - Dance Excellence Concert - 7:00
1-2 - The Giving Challenge
3 - Music Excellence Concert - 7:00
5 - 6th Grade Etiquette Dance
8 - Senior Awards - 7:00
10 - Senior Showcase - 7:00
14 - Graduation - Bradenton Convention Center
29 - Last Day of School