3rd Grade Happenings
November 23, 2016: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
We have had a great week working on our STEM project: The Great Desert Island STEM CHALLENGE
Problem: Sir Harley Houndstooth III has been stranded on an island after he fell overboard during a violent storm. He is trying to stay alive and get back to the civilized world.
#1: Island Architect: Construct a Hut
#2: Crocodile Crossing: Build a Bridge
#3: Message in a Bottle: Waterproof Container
#4: Pirate Defense: Coconut Catapult
#5: Float Your Boat: Raft Design
SPELLING & VOCABULARY: TEST WILL BE FRIDAY, DECEMBER 2!
AR half-goals need to be met by Monday, November 28th!
FYI-Important Information and Upcoming Events!
* Gymnastics is now over.
* Girls Basketball is Monday and Friday from 3:30-4:30.
* Boys Basketball starts Wednesday from 4:30-6 PM. There is also practice on Saturday, December 3 from 10-11:30 AM.
* After school program will be held on Monday-Thursday next week.
* November 29: Doom-A-Ding at 6:30 P.M.! Kids need to be here by 6:15.
* If you haven't already done so, please turn in your skate money ($5) as it starts the first week in December!
* Mrs. Jordahl will be gone on Friday, December 9.
* December 15: Holiday Concert at 7 PM
* December 22: 3/4th grade PLAY at 9 AM! Please be sure to attend! Last day of 2nd quarter.
* December 23: No school...Holiday Break!
* Tuesday, January 3...School resumes!