Long Hill School Newsletter
Week of December 21, 2020
Message from the Principal, Mrs. D'Aiuto
As we near the end of 2020, I would like to take this opportunity to wish all Long Hill School families a happy and healthy new year. I am grateful to be a part of this wonderful school and look forward to an amazing 2021.
- Thursday, December 24 - Friday, January 1: Winter Recess - No School - No assignments will be posted
- Monday, January 4: School resumes - Distance Learning for all students this week. Assignments will be posted in Google Classrooms.
District Re-Opening Information
- The ReOpen Shelton Schools Executive Committee met on Friday, December 18. It was determined that the Shelton Public School District will return in some form to in-person learning, providing supporting data and COVID cases are under control, on Monday, January 11th.
- During the week of January 4th, students and staff will continue with full distance learning.
- District wide Administrative meetings are being held to plan for a safe return to in-person instruction and a detailed message regarding the type of return (i.e. full opening, hybrid, etc.) will be communicated to the Shelton community no later than January 6th.
Whole School Online Activities - December 23
Third & Fourth Grade Recorders Reminder
Important Distance Learning Reminders
- Our learning day operates from 9:00-1:50pm and mirrors our in person schedule. Students are to adhere to their daily schedule to the best extent possible.
- Students are expected to attend all Google Meets that are scheduled by their teacher and support staff. During Google Meets time, your child's teacher is providing live instruction as well as providing immediate feedback to students and checking for understanding. It is imperative that your child attend these meets on a regular basis.
- Attendance is taken daily and needs to be done by 1:50pm in their Google Classroom. If your child has not taken attendance by 1:50pm then your child will be marked absent.
- If your child can not participate in work on any school day, please call the main office at 203-929-4077 to notify us of your child's absence.
- Automated absence calls go out at 2:30pm daily. If you did not call your child out of school then you will receive a call. All absences are unexcused unless we receive a call or email about an absence.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please email your child's teacher.
Celebrating our Diversity
In this week's story, One World, One Day, we will read about the essential things that we all do daily no matter where in the world we live. We will also read about the different ways we do these same things. For this week's assignment, students will identify one connection they made from the book and one thing they learned from the book.
Message from the PTO
Here is what is going on with LHS PTO!
· We have no additional fundraisers planned for December. We hope your family enjoys the holiday season.
· We have a Cultural Arts event coming up December 22 funded by LHS PTO! Thanks to Committee Chair Jamie Stasko for organizing this event!
· We will be kicking off January with our annual “No sell” fundraiser! More details to come.
· Next virtual LHS PTO meeting is slated for January 12, 2021 @ 6 pm! More information to come regarding how to participate!
Thanks to Everyone for Your Support of LHS PTO! Visit our Long Hill PTO Facebook Page or email email@example.com with questions.
Address: 565 Long Hill Avenue, Shelton, CT 06484
Phone number: (203)-929-4077
Fax number: (203)-929-8250