Locker Clean Out
- Students will be bringing home all of the items in their lockers except PE shoes before break.
- Please consider using spring break as a time to empty/wash/clean out backpacks, reorganize them, and wash coats too!
- March 27 - March 31
- Students return on Monday, April 3rd
- Monday, April 10th
Spring MAP Window
- March 13 - March 24
- We have made great progress and will be moving to primarily make ups for MAP!
Illinois Assessment of Readiness Window - 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade
- April 3rd - April 21st
- Similarly with MAP, there is a large window but students will assess in smaller chunks over the course of the first two weeks then move into make up sessions.
If you have any empty milk/water jugs around and can donate them, please bring them in!
Get your coins ready!!
When we return from Spring Break we will have a change war!
Bring your coins starting on Monday, April 3rd until Friday, April 7th!
All funds raised will support the Hearts and Hands for Hunger Project.
The grade level with the most money at the end of the week will earn an ice cream party!
RSVPs have been sent home with students. Please return them to EES by Friday, March 24th!
Dress Up Days this week!
Summer Learning Opportunities
- Reading Literature
- Reading for Information
Teachers will be sending warning letters home to students whose grades are of concern and have the potential to qualify for summer school in early March.
We are expanding our summer school offerrings to 'recommended' students in grades K-5!
This is an exciting opportunity that we believe will benefit students greatly!
Students who are recommended for Summer Learning would be students in the following categories:
- Who have grades in the 2.5-2.8 range in any of the subjects listed above
- Those who we think would benefit from continued structure and routine and/or
- Would benefit from additional academic practice.
Miss King will be calling families of those recommended students at the end of February, to share more details about this exciting opportunity!
5 Essentials Survey - we've had just 9% of parents take the survey! We need 20% for a report!
2023 Illinois Parent Survey - Opens Jan. 24, 2023 and closes March 31, 2023.
10 Days or Less Equals Success!!
Students who are chronically absent—meaning they miss at least 15 days of school in a year—are at serious risk of falling behind in school.
So remember...10 days or less (of missed school) equals student success!
📱Important Phone Numbers to Know
Transportation Office - 815-493-6410
Main Office of EJSHS - 815-493-6341