Week of May 20th
Important Dates for the Week:
Tuesday, May 21st:
- 5th/K PLC
- Test Training After Dismissal in Media Center
Wednesday, May 22nd:
- 4th PLC
- 1:30 I/A Meeting/Proctor Training
Thursday, May 23rd:
- Dry Run for EOG
- 3rd/2nd/1st PLC
- BT Celebration after school (county level celebration)
Friday, May 24th:
- All Library Books Due
- Reading EOG
Shout out to our beginning teachers and mentors!
- Retention - If you are considering retention for ANY STUDENT, please email Carla to set up a time to meet this week. The date for turning in retentions to the district level has been moved up.
- TESTING DRY RUN: We will have a Reading EOG Dry Run at 7:55 after announcements on Thursday, May 23rd. ALL small group testing administrators--pick up your kids for the reading EOG and bring them to your testing location for the Reading EOG day. Introduce yourself and tell the students this is where they will take the EOG. ALL EOG LOG IN SUPPORT STAFF - first report to your assigned teacher to discuss your log in plan for the test on Friday. Then, if you are administering a reading EOG small group too, pick up your students to bring them to their testing location. Due to morning duties and bus drivers, we need all hands on deck and some people will have double EOG responsibilities. No proctors are needed for this dry run day. 5th Grade Specials will start at 8:10. This will be discussed and explained in more detail at the testing training on Tuesday afternoon.
- Lockdown: We will have an unannounced Lockdown Drill before the end of the year.
- Goal Setting with 3rd-5th Grade Classes - See Schedule Here (last page of the document).
- Testing Data to Send Home for Parents-- mClass Home Connect Letters should go home next Thursday, May 23rd in your Thursday folders. Parent letters for EOY STAR benchmark data should go home in report cards.
- Interview Season is upon us! If you would like to be part of interview teams now/this summer, please sign up here. NCE time can be earned for any interviews that are after school/this summer. Dates/times will be secure once interviews are lined up.
- PTA Check Reimbursements Deadline!! Please turn in receipts/requests for PTA funds by May 31st. Requests for things purchased from May 31st - June 7th - need to be turned in by June 10th.
- Planning for 19-20: It is almost time for me to begin working with the district office on allotments for next year. Please let me know ASAP if you are planning to retire or resign so that I can plan accordingly for filling vacancies. Even if you are just considering a change it would still help to know. My goal is to give you information about next year as soon as possible and this information is always helpful when planning.
- School Improvement Retreat - June 11th from 12:15 - 3:30. We will work on School Improvement Plan, work on the Schedule for 19-20, unpack data, examine TWCS data, and much more! Please sign up for your spot to join this action packed day! Lunch will be provided!!
- Science Kits Request Form: If you haven't done so already, please complete the science kits schedule requests for the 2019-2020 school year. The request are due, May 31, 2019.
- Save the Date: End of the year Luncheon - June 7th after kids leave/time - TBA
- District CNA Please feel free to review the District CNA and send me any feedback you would like to share. This is done annually.
Consider completing a Positive Office Referral this week!
Weekly Note: Feedback? Suggestions?....leave us some info in the Weekly Note!
Car Rider Duty:
AM Duty: Parrish, Avilia, Alvarez, Spencer, DePietro
PM Duty:Team 2 - Harrington, Lien, Young, Fernandez, Layman, Evans, Webster, Ross
Please do not send out mass emails regarding other covering duty for you due to an absence/progressional development. We must have confirmed people out at car duty and we have been short several days due to no one answering the mass email and/or people not covering their duty. This is too important a time of day for us to hope someone sees the email and helps out. Please text a friend that doesn't have duty to switch with you and/or text Carla.