HIllsdale Area Career Center
November, Board Report
Around the HACC
Manufacturing Day- October 2019 Survey Results
1. Students would like to visit more than 1 business/industry.
2. Students would like more time at the stops to ask questions.
3. Students would like to hear from a variety of workers (Management, Engineers, Line workers, Quality Control)
4. Students would like hands on activities to be part of their tour.
Sophomore Visits: November and December
Waldron November 19, 2019
Will Carlton November 21, 2019
Jonesville December 2, 2019
NAJ December 3, 2019
HIllsdale December 5, 2019
C-F December 6, 2019
Reading December 6, 2019
Students will attend each program for a 5 minute introduction and will then have 2 breakout sessions where they visit programs of their choice. The breakout sessions will be 30 minutes in length.
Gift Of Life: HOSA
At the center of CyberPatriot is the National Youth Cyber Defense Competition, which puts teams of high school and middle school students in the position of newly hired IT professionals tasked with managing the network of a small company. Through a series of online competition rounds, teams are given a set of virtual operating systems and are tasked with finding and fixing cybersecurity vulnerabilities while maintaining critical services. The top teams in the nation earn all-expenses-paid trips to Maryland for the National Finals Competition where they can earn national recognition and scholarship money.
HACC Teams Complete Round 1: All finish in the top 10% in the state.
Teams are now preparing for round 2.
Engineering and Welding hold Advisory Meeting
2. Business/Industry would like to see Engineering and Welding do cross-training activities with their students. Blueprint reading and fabrication are areas of need.
3. CNC machining, manual lathe and manual milling machines need to come back into the training process. Advanced manufacturing training would be a great asset to business/industry in HIllsdale County. Discussed the Litchfield training facility and how we could use this as a training rotation for engineering and welding students. Businesses would provide the machines and training?
4. HR representatives would like to see students participate in mock interviews. They are willing to come and speak with kids about resumes, interview skills, filling out an application, etc.
Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment
CLNA OA, CEPD, Regional
2. Each CEPD (HACC), then compiled the data and submitted a CLNA for the county.
3. Hillsdale, Lenawee and Jackson are compiling the regional CLNA and will submit to the state by December 1, 2019.
2019 Program Rank List
61a: Added Cost Funding
- 1-7: weighted 10
- 8-14: weighted 5
- 15-20: weighted 2.5
2. Programs ranked 21-51, will receive no funding under the 60% but will split equally the 40%
HACC Program Rankings
1. Health Sciences
5. Public Safety
8: Construction Trades
*The new rank list will take effect next school year.