Laburnum Community Connection
Family Edition - January 3, 2021
We hope that everyone has been enjoying the winter break and spending much needed time with your families. I am sending this mid-week message with important updates and reminders about our return to school in January.
Please continue reading below for important information.
Return to Learn Timeline & Other Information
- January 4 - 8 - All students will be virtual
- January 6 - If your child has had a change in teacher due to the return to learn plan, you will be notified by the school via email and/or robocall.
- January 7 -8- You will be contacted by your child's new teacher via phone.
- January 7-8 - Families with students attending in person learning can come to the school between the hours of 12 - 4 to pick up necessary paperwork to begin in person learning.
- January 11 - Pre-K - 2 students will meet in their designated in-person or virtual classes. 3rd - 5th grade students will remain virtual but start with new teacher (if applicable).
- January 14 - All Pre-K to Grade 5 Classes meet in their designated in-person or virtual classes.
Update your contact information:
If you are planning for your student to return to our school buildings “in-person” in 2021, please take a few minutes to review your student’s contact information via the web-based version of the HCPS PowerSchool Parent Portal (not available on the PowerSchool app.) In particular, it’s important to ensure that emergency contact information is up-to-date as these individuals will be the only people authorized to pick up your child from school. For step-by-step instructions on how to update your information, use this link: How to Update Your Contact Information.
You will also find the COVID Health Form in the Parent Portal that MUST be completed prior to any student returning to the building.
Chrome Operating System (Chrome OS) on your HCPS Chromebook needs to be updated to version 86 over winter break. Have your child sign into his/her computer and connect to the power cord. The update will run in the background, eve if the lid is closed. Leave the Chromebook on for the day to allow time for updates to occur. Restart the Chromebook to complete the process. To see if the Chromebook has updated, hold down Alt+V on the keyboard at the sign-in screen. You will see the Chrome OS version at the top right corner. If it doesn't show version 86, sign back in, close the lid and check back.
- Please remember to call the school and speak with one of our secretaries to report your child's absence. Calling or messaging your child's teacher will not permit us to excuse the absence. The number to the front office is (804) 228-2720.
- Through our partnership with Horace Mann, we are able to offer a great attendance incentive. Any student with perfect attendance will have his/her name entered into a drawing to win a new bicycle. Please share this with your child.
- January 4 - 8 - School Resumes. Virtual instruction for ALL students. No in person learning this week. The school building is closed to the public.
- January 11 - In person learning for KG -2
- January 14 - In person learning for 3 -5
- January 18 - School Closed - MLK Jr. Holiday
- January 21 - Virtual Game Night - See above flyer for details
- January 29 - End of Quarter 2
21st Century Community Learning Center (21st CCLC)
Our 21st CCLC is offering virtual programming to support students. Please see the information below and contact Mr. Giles at: email@example.com or 804-393-8144 if interested.
Don't forget to join our wonderful PTA! The cost is only $5.00 per person. Use the membership link today or stop by the school.
No Hassle Fund Raising for Laburnum
The Laburnum PTA part of the Kroger Community Rewards Program. Help us raise funds for our school and children by linking your Kroger rewards card to the Laburnum PTA. Go to https://www.kroger.com/i/community/community-rewards to link your rewards card to the Laburnum Elementary PTA.
If you shop on Amazon, you can also support the Laburnum PTA if you use Amazon Smile. AmazonSmile is a simple way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. AmazonSmile is available at smile.amazon.com on your web browser and can be activated in the Amazon Shopping app for iOS and Android phones. When you shop at AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added benefit that AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. You can choose from over one million organizations to support.
Follow Us on Social Media