LHS Weekly Update #16
November 13, 2020
School District Goes Fully Remote
What does this mean for Lathrop?
*There is no shift in our delivery of instruction. Students will continue to receive instruction via Google Classroom, Google Meets and/or Zoom. School work/deadlines/expectations all remain the same. Some sped supports may look different.
*Most staff will be working from home.
*Office hours will be reduced to 11am-2pm week days. Students/parents are welcome to stop by at these times to pick up/drop off materials. If needing to check out books or a Chromebook, please call our office one day in advance so we can have items ready for you. If office hours do not work for you, call and we will work out a plan.
*No in person students - If your student was in the building, they do not currently have this opportunity. Contact teachers and/or front office if there are support materials needed.
Sports and Activities
Below are possible dates for winter and spring activities. Be aware that these could change.
XC Ski was originally scheduled to start next week. This has been put on hold and we will hopefully have a start date soon.
Any questions re sports and activities, reach out to Steve Zanazzo, Lathrop's Activity Coordinator. email@example.com 456-7794, ext. 17520
Seniors - Yearbook Photos and Quotes
Contact Mr. Schneider with any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention Freshmen and Sophomores - re MAP Testing
Free and Reduced Lunch
If your student qualifies for Free and Reduced Lunch, benefits extend beyond just lunch.
- If your child qualifies for free or reduced price meals for 2020-2021, they will have up to 30 days in the 2021-2022 school year with the approved meal status. This will give you time to complete the 2021-2022 meals application without incurring charges.
- Free and reduced meal status is used to determine how much you will pay for your child's course fees.
- Free and reduced meal status is used to determine how much you will pay for AP class exams, ACT/SAT/PSAT exams, etc.
- If the Pandemic EBT benefit is extended, free and reduced meal status will qualify you to receive the benefit. The state of AK is still working on the details of this program.
- Free and reduced meal status assists with determining District federal funding, e.g. Title I money
Seniors - be sure to order your diplomas. Must be signed into your S# account to complete form.
Opportunities for ALL LHS Students in Lathrop After the Bell
If your student is coming into the building for any reason, please be sure to review the Daily Decision Tree prior to coming to school. Let's keep each other healthy!