May 4 - 8
Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!
iCan@KHES Staff Meetings every Thursday from 3:15 - 4:30
May 7 - Major Text Types
May 14 - Using Features of Literary Text to Guide Reading
May 21 - Using Features of Informational Text to Guide Reading
May 28 - Class Placement Planning
Keller ISD Teacher of the Year
We know that she is THE best! Be thinking of her Saturday night and check on our Facebook page, Twitter feed or your Remind text message from me for the announcement.
Surprised & Honored
Upcoming Dates to Remember
4/27 - 5/15 - TPRI Window of K, 1, 2
5/4 - 5/8 - TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK
5/4 - Kindergarten field trip to the Omni Theater at Ft. Worth Museum of Science & History
5/4-5/15 AIMs Web EOY testing for 3rd & 4th grade
5/6 - 4th grade visits BCI
5/5 - 4th grade Play Day (if rained out, moved to 5/12)
5/7 - Art Show, 4th grade Drummers & Bucket Drummers perform
5/7 - BCI Parent Orientation (for our 4th grade parents)
5/8 - Muffins with Mom in the cafe starting at 7:00 am
5/11 - CEIC Meeting
5/11 - Kinder Orientation Meeting 6:00 - 7:00
5/15 - Camp KHES
5/19 - Staff Luncheon hosted by 3rd grade
5/22 - Volunteer Breakfast
5/29 - Reading A-Z levels due
Out of Adoption Textbooks
- Grades K-4 – Music – McGraw Hill – Spotlight on Music & Quaver
- Grades K-4 – Drama Works, Point Click Teach
- Grades K-4 – Davis (print edition) Explorations, Arts Attack
- Grades K-12 – Digital Art Image Subscription
- Grades K-5 – Pearson – myWorld Social Studies (English & Spanish)
You will be able to put all materials that go along with these resources in the boxes AND can put other ancillary materials, samples, old dictionaries, etc. in the Gaylord boxes to help you potentially clear out some extra space in your classroom or storage room.
2015-2016 School Year ~ What's Happening or What's New?
- 50 minutes of Co-curr/Conference/Planning
- 20 minutes of recess
- 20-30 minutes of Cowboy Time for interventions, flexible grouping, and/or Pull Outs. (not for study hall, extra recess or DEAR time)
- Co-curr will not have a morning or afternoon duty so that they can help cover in the cafe during lunches.