Zebra Family Update!
Summer is Coming!
Hello Zebra Families! Thank you to all of our juniors and seniors for their efforts on our CAASPP and CAST testing last week. Best of luck to all of the sophomores, juniors and seniors who are taking AP tests in the coming weeks! There is a lot to do and a lot to celebrate this time of year!
As we look to wrap up another school year, here are a few things to be aware of:
- all students should be bringing their chromebook to class charged and ready to use EVERY day! If your child's device isn't working, they should bring it to the library so it can be evaluated and we'll loan them a new device in the meantime
- current Frosh, Sophomores and Juniors will KEEP their chromebooks over the summer and continue to use them at school in the 2022-23 year
- current Seniors must turn in their chromebook and charger as a part of their "check out process" prior to graduation
- incoming Frosh will bring their chromebook/charger that they received in Middle School and will continue to use it at LHS through their senior year
- incoming students who are new to WPUSD will be issued a chromebook and charger as a part of their enrollment
- families are financially responsible for their student's chromebook and charger, so please be sure your device is marked in a way that it clearly belongs to your student (with their name, a unique cover or sticker, etc...)
SENIORS/CLASS OF 2022 FAMILIES:
Please be sure that you are keeping an eye on three things right now:
- your grades...and if you are concerned about your grades and graduation, make an appointment with your counselor (click here!)
- graduation newsletter - all details about graduation are available here
- check in on things like your textbooks, chromebook/charger (you can check with the library), fees (check with Mr. Jodrey in the office) so that your accounts are clear when you go through the checkout process the last week of school
The last week of school has a unique bell schedule and more details will come out in the coming weeks:
- Monday, June 6 - Early Release Day with school from 8am-2pm
- Tuesday, June 7-Friday, June 10 - Finals week (2 finals/day) with school from 8am-12:30 pm
- Seniors - Friday, June 10 is graduation rehearsal day in the morning and graduation in the evening (see newsletter for details!)
LOOKING AHEAD TO NEXT YEAR:
- High School classes will run from 8:30am-3:30pm (per a state mandate)
- LHS will serve free breakfast (from 8:10-8:30am) and lunch every day!
It's Almost Time to Update Emergency Contact Information!
Attention Class of 2023, 2024, 2025 and 2026!
May 9, 2022
Emails will go out to all families who currently do not have a Parent Portal account set up. The email will include their account information, password, login and instructions on how to set up their account. As a reminder, Parent Portal accounts are needed to complete the Emergency Contact Update and e-sign the student waiver forms. This email will come from WPUSD.
May 16, 2022 @ 9am
The link to complete 2022-23 Emergency Contact Information & Required Student Waiver Forms goes live in the PowerSchool Parent Portal and parents can go in an update/verify their information. We ask that you update your information before school ends so that we have the best information for you over the summer!
Please Note - NEW students who recently registered for the 2022-23 school year DO NOT need to update the online emergency contact information or waiver forms as this process is already completed through new student registration. ONLY returning WPUSD students will need to complete the update process.
WASC Accreditation Visit
Mark your Calendars!
Please make note of these uniquely scheduled days:
- Monday, 5/30 - Memorial Day (no staff or students; office is closed)
- Tuesday, 6/7-Friday, 6/10 - finals week
- Friday, 6/10 - last day of school and Class of 2022 Graduation!
You can check out the 22/23 school calendar here for advance planning!
Visit our calendar on our website (lhs.wpusd.org) for details on other activities, athletics and event details!
What's happening around campus?
- AP Testing from 5/2-5/13
- Bye Bye Birdie Musical shows on 5/4-5/6 (get tickets on GoFan!)
- Junior/Senior Prom on 5/7
- Senior Awards on 5/16
- Concert & Symphonic Bands Concert on 5/17
- FFA Annual Awards on 5/18
- Choral Spring Concert "Music Can Make The Difference" on 5/26
- World Languages Award Night on 6/1
- May Play Day in early June :)
- Finals in June (your teacher will give details!)
- Graduation on 6/10 at 8pm and Sober Grad Night to follow
Class of 2022 - Senior Class Updates!
You can find lots of details about graduation in this newsletter - this is where ALL info about graduation will be posted, so check back regularly! Also be sure to watch Schoology for reminders about information specific to our Senior class!
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ACADEMIC SUPPORT SO YOU CAN FINISH STRONG!
Check out our Peer Tutoring Center - details are below!
Class of 2023, 2024, and 2025 - Finish Strong!
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ACADEMIC SUPPORT SO YOU CAN FINISH STRONG!Check out our Peer Tutoring Center - details are below!! We encourage you to visit our tutoring center - they can support you with lesson review, test prep, test retakes and organization!
We strongly encourage students and families to keep an eye on the Schoology Activity Feed (on Schoology Main Page) and the College & Career Schoology Page for information about college & career visits (in person and virtual); access it via: Schoology > Groups > College & Career
How to Access LHS Peer Tutoring!
In Person at LHS Library or online using Google Meet - code: LHSTutoring
- Monday from 2-5pm
- Tuesday-Wednesday, 3-6 pm
- Thursday, 3-8pm (EXTENDED HOURS!)
- click here! for English
- click here! for Spanish
Class of 2026 - Welcome to LHS!
1. if you missed our incoming student course selection night on 2/1, please reach out to our counseling office - call Mrs. Emerson at 916 645 6360 to make an appointment with your student's counselor
2. check out LHS Live (our school's video production program) each week to get a taste of what LHS has in store for you! You can check them out on YouTube here!
3. follow LHS on Facebook and Instagram. We also have lots of other clubs with IG handles...learn more about what LHS has to offer by following us on social media!
- Facebook @LincolnHighSchoolWPUSD
- Insta @lhsfightingzebras
Details specific to welcoming our incoming class of Zebras will begin to push out in early June, so be watching!
College & Career Corner
If you are senior with plans to attend a 2 year, 4 year, or technical school, please email Mrs. Vadgama (email@example.com) so we can highlight your goals on "plans after high school" map!
SBLT & ELAC Meetings
Our Site Based Leadership Team (SBLT) meeting will meet once more this year to review our site plans and check in progress towards our supplemental spending plan:
- Thurs., 5/5 at 5 pm - online and in person (google meet code is on our LHS calendar)
Our site English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC) meets at least 4 times a year and we hosted our last gathering on 3/31. Be watching for agenda topics of interest to our English Learner Student/Family community for next fall!
Vandalism at LHS
In the restrooms, vandalism is an issue, but sometimes so is illegal substance use and fighting. We take all of these situations seriously. We encourage you to talk to your students about how to exit situations that they know aren't appropriate, and to let our staff know so we can address it quickly. We ALWAYS work to keep information from students/families confidential, and students can share information with us privately through Schoology or email or by sending and anonymous note to the admin team.
Connect with Us!
- Facebook @LincolnHighSchoolWPUSD
- Insta @lhsfightingzebras
- School and Athletics Calendars are here!
- This directory contains some staff who are no longer at LHS, but it also includes all of our current staff
Specific Course Information
- All of our teachers posted information about their class on Schoology - parents and students can always go back to revisit syllabi and a video introducing your teacher on their Schoology pages: https://wpusd.schoology.com/ > Courses > Select tile for the class you want to learn more about!
General School/Course Information
- Website: lhs.wpusd.org
- Course Catalog: https://lhs.wpusd.org/academics/course-offerings/course-catalog
- Handbook: https://lhs.wpusd.org/our-school/about-us/student-handbook