USA SWIMMING SAFE SPORT - Swim O!
USA Swimming Safe Sport
USA Swimming is committed to providing a healthy and positive environment free from abuse for all its members. USA Swimming’s Safe Sport program, a comprehensive abuse prevention program, consists of a multi-layered approach to keep kids safe, including: required policies and best practice guidelines; mandatory screening, including criminal background checks and employment screening; training and education; monitoring, supervision and mandatory reporting. These measures are informed by experts in the field of child safety and are among the strongest safeguards found in youth-serving organizations.
Swim Omaha's Commitment
Swim Omaha is committed to creating a healthy and positive environment free from abuse for all its members through the development and implementation of club governance measures, Safe Sport policies and reporting mechanisms, Safe Sport best practices and training to athletes and parents.
Part of that commitment is having over 50% of our athletes and parents complete Safe Sport courses. Please follow the directions to complete a course.
- PARENTS MUST REGISTER AN ACCOUNT WITH USA SWIMMING before taking a course. Swimmers, coaches, and officials have an account already.
- Make sure you enter Midwestern (MW) as the LSC and Swim Omaha (SO) as the LSC and team.
- Click the Safe Sport Learn button below to access USA Swimming's Learn website.
- Scroll down to enter your name and birthdate
- Go to the courses and select the appropriate one for you or your child.
- Add the course and then select it from the dashboard.
- SWIMMER COURSE takes 10-15 MINUTES
- PARENT COURSE takes 1 Hour
- Once you complete your course - screenshot the completion screen and submit it to the google form below (Or click the button). This will help us track the completion percentage for Swim Omaha and enter your child in the drawing for Arena products.
- Drawing is Sept 12th. Submit your completion by Sept 11.
- Each athlete can complete a course for one entry. A parent is one entry for each of their registered swimmers.
USA Swimming Learn
Safe sport courses are under this section.
Name and birthdate to access your account
You can do this without signing in to USASWimming's website. Use your name and birthdate.
Select the courses tab at the top right of the screen.
Athlete Safe Sport Course
Athletes complete this course
Parent Safe Sport Course
Parent's complete this course
Dashboard after you add the course
Go to your dashboard after you add the course.