News from the Principal's Office
A&M Consolidated High School
Reflections from January 5th
It was so refreshing to walk the halls of AMCHS and observe so many happy faces, feel the positive energy and listen to the goals that students and staff have set for the spring semester. Indeed, the break allowed everyone to relax, refocus, and recharge. As we examine our challenges for the spring semester and identify our goals, there is nothing that WE cannot overcome. We will continue to implement strategies aimed at doing what is best for our students. Set your mindset on success and get ready to soar!
Last week I challenged you to take a risk, build a relationship with your most challenging student, or implement an innovative practice. What influence did it have on you/AMCHS as a result of you taking this risk? How purposeful was your work? What support do you need from admin to continue your work? Please email me to share your defining moment.
- Students who arrive to class must have an admit, a tardy ticket, or a pass
- Monitor students in the halls between each passing period
- Pick up Success Time passes before Success
- Success Time teachers should not write passes for students during Success
- Report to your scheduled 504/SPED meetings when invited
- Students who arrive late to ISS or who are absent will be required to makeup their missed time
- During Success Time, students should NOT be in the halls after the 11:08 a.m. bell
OPEN CARRY LAW:
- Generally speaking, people cannot carry guns into our school buildings, either concealed or openly carried.
- The exception to this is any law enforcement personnel, who should show their identification as such when checking in.
- CSISD staff and students are not allowed to have guns in our parking lots or any facilities, inside or out.
- The general public is allowed to have guns in the parking lots in most situations. The exceptions are when there is a school sponsored event occurring in the parking lot (i.e Band practice).
1/11-1/15 Guide Dog trial visit
1/14 Participate in #CSISDchat at 8:00 p.m. and earn a Jeans pass for 1/13/16
1/21-1/22 Southern Association of Accredited Schools Accreditation meeting
1/26 Texas Survey of Drug & Alcohol Use (selected students only)
1/27 Early Release Day
1/30 Black Light Party
2/25 George Bush Presidential Library field trip (juniors only)
4/6 Early Release Day
4/19-4/20 Shattered Dreams Program
4/27 Senior Wellness
4/30-5/1 Prom and After Prom Bash
What motivates you to do your best work?
A&M Consolidated High School
To educate the hearts and minds of students for life.
AMCHS is dedicated to educating and empowering students to become confident, resourceful, lifelong learners who are prepared for challenges beyond high school. Students of AMCHS will know the value of giving more than they take, will be responsible for their own actions, and will know that they are an important part of our school community.