August 29th, 2016
PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO ASK FOR HELP VIA KAMINSKI OR RICH. AS SOON AS WE COMPLETE OUR SESSIONS WE WILL PULL ALL REPORTS SO YOU CAN PREPARE FOR DATA REVIEWS. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN A DATA LEARNING SESSION PLEASE EMAIL ME.
PLEASE SEE DATA REVIEW DATES BELOW. THESE DATES ARE VALUABLE AND WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY MEETINGS THEY OVERRIDE.
HERE WE WILL IDENTIFY STUDENTS OF CONCERN IN ORDER TO MAKE THEM A PRIORITY STUDENT TO GATHER MORE DATA (F&P BENCHMARK.)
- August 30th - PTO - 6:30PM (One rep each grade level please)
- September 1st - Bulletin Boards - Open Dialogue - Mrs. P's hallway - 8:05AM
- September 2nd - Bus Evacuation - ALL teachers outside 8:40AM
- September 5th - NO SCHOOL
- September 7 and 8 - RTI Data Review - See below
- September 19 - Staff Meeting - 4PM - Library
(RTI) Response to Instruction 2016- Getting Started
NWEA Data Reviews by Grade Level
Wednesday September 7 @ 8 AM 4th grade
Wednesday September 7 @ 4 PM 3rd grade
Thursday September 8 @ 8 AM 1st grade
Thursday September 8 @ 4 PM 2nd grade
Friday September 9 @ 8 AM Kinder
When will Tier 3 for last year's students begin?
We will be begin Tier 3 instruction (8:15-8:45 AM by Mindy and Robyn) on Monday September 12. Classroom teachers will receive an email from Fatima once parents of these students have been notified. RTI will run 5 days a week for built in progress monitoring.
Thursday September 22nd - Tier 2
Individual teachers will meet with RTI Team (10-40 mins) between 8 AM-4:30 PM and will receive coverage with our in house sub, Anne Marie, in order to discuss any students of concern post NWEA reviews and collection of multiple data points (required F&P, optional secondary assessments from classroom.) If you do not have any concerns at that time, you will not meet with the RTI team. Classroom teachers will be expected to begin Tier 2 instruction Monday, September 26 for any students that qualify at September 22nd meeting.
Grade Level RTI Reps
This role will look different moving forward. Grade level reps will be the "go to" during grade level team meetings to help problem solve interventions for students of concern prior to bringing students to the RTI table. Fatima will be meeting with all grade level reps prior to September 22 in order to provide more detailed information. It will not be the responsibility of reps to be present during a teammate's RTI discussion.
Parent Teacher Conferences - 2016
Pasta Bowl is here! Bring pasta to yellow bin!
PastaBowl is designed to raise awareness for the 1 in 7 local students that struggle with food insecurity. That number increases to 1 in 4 in some of our buildings. By joining forces, we have been able to raise tens of thousands of pounds of pasta to serve dozens of area food pantries, food banks, and even Second Helpings. In fact, last year we raised enough pasta to provide a serving to every man, woman, and child in Fishers with some left over.
- Collection 8/31 - 9/9
- Pasta Pick Up 9/12 - 14
iPad - Rent or BYOD
Staff Profile Pages on Display
Please include your:
- Twitter Handle
- Belief Statement (from Image of a Child work) or a Quote that inspires you
- Fun Facts
- Click edit "Edit Presentation"/"Edit in Browser"
- Click on Slide 1
- Click "Duplicate Slide"
- Edit the duplicated slide to become YOUR slide!
Students are labeling different parts of the body!
"We don't have a teacher now, we covered her mouth!"
One of the many adults helping keep smiles on kids faces during the tornado warning.
- We want to ensure safety for all and want people to feel comfortable calling for support.
- Less radio traffic ensures less interruptions for instruction.
If you need clarification, please ask and when in doubt...use the radio. Teachers should take radios anytime they leave the classroom with students.
Open Dialogue on Bulletin Displays
Thursday, Sep. 1st, 8-8:30am
Carolyn Porzuczek's Bulletin Board
Photo ID/Fob Information for Continuing Employees
1. Requests for building access fobs (and their access points/doors) are now handled by each building principal and/or their designee (e.g. Assistant Principal, Head Custodian, Office Manager).
2. Central Office Administration will handle badge and fob access changes for all staff transfers.
3. Lost or damaged ID badge with chip for building access / lost or damaged fobs:
Requests for replacement (cards or fobs) will be handled by Building Administration/Designee. Only replacement fobs will be issued from this point forward. If staff has a broken proximity ID badge with chip for building access, the Building Administration/designee will issue and program a replacement fob. *Reminder, there is a $5.00 fee for issuing a key fob that should be paid to the building treasurer.
4. If you need a replacement photo ID badge (no access chip):
* Let your building principal/designee know.
* The principal/designee will send an email request to the Library Media Specialist at the appropriate high school.
* The reprinted photo ID will then be sent via the pony to the principal/designee who will get the badge to the employee (no charge for photo IDs).
* If a photo is not available in our system, the employee will be contacted to either send an electronic photo or make an appointment depending on designated location noted above.
Only Vendors, Coaches that are not employees of HSE, and YMCA Staff will have chipped badges for door access. These badges will be made at the Administration Office and distributed by the Central Office. Building Administration can expand or narrow access as needed.
Any Questions Regarding the ID/Fob Access process should be directed to:
Sharon Moore firstname.lastname@example.org or call extension 3302
How to submit a HelpDesk ticket
You must be in an HSE building to submit a Help Desk ticket through the Intranet.
You do not need to be in an HSE building to access or edit one of the Intranet calendars.