See Men Fight To Their Deaths or To Their Victory
Types of Gladiators
- Mirmillon (Heavily armed, wore helmets decorated with fish)
- Thracian (Carried just shield scimitar, making them faster on feet)
- Retiarii (Armed with net, long trident, and dagger)
- Samnites (Sword, oblong shield, and helmet with visor)
- Bestiami (Fought wild animals)
Thursday, Oct. 15th, 8am
Colosseum (From inside)
This what the inside of the Colosseum looks like and you can also see where the arena is.
Man vs Man vs Beast
You will see fights like this.
The Colosseum can hold as much as 50,000 people
What Are Some Similarities and Differences of Entertainment Back Then and Now?
- Some entertainment, such as, race car races are watched to
see cars crash (violence)
- We watch entertainment to
get our minds off of our life
- Some entertainment, are on electronics (TV, Phones, etc.)
- Not very violent like the Romans