Buffalo Parent Bulletin
Connect with Us
News and Reminders
- Drop off: Please do not drop students off prior to 7:45 a.m. unless they are eating breakfast (7:30) or have a club/tutoring to attend. Campus Kids is available for parents who need to drop off earlier due to work/family commitments.
- Pick up: All students have received a new car rider number this year. Remember to display your car rider number on your rear view mirror daily during pick-up. After Friday, August 25 you will have to pick up your child from the office if you do not have your official school tag.
- Shade structure update: With your help last year, PTO was able to set aside a large sum of money for the shade structure. Unfortunately the structure will cost more than anticipated, so we are actively seeking additional funding sources to supplement the fundraising from last year. Our goal is to have this shade structure installed as soon as possible.
- Registration: If you have not completed your required student information update in Skyward Family Access, please do so ASAP. If you need help with username/password, please contact Janie Gonzales at 832-375-7602.
- House Assembly: This year we will assign classes to one of three different "houses," so that students can compete for points and celebrations by showing good character and school spirit, achieving goals, etc. Students will find out their house assignment this Friday (8/25)! Houses are Fortitudo (courage), Conatus (effort), and Constantia (persistence). Make sure to ask your students about their house assignments on Friday!
- Updated Student Handbook: Updated student handbook are available here.
- School Store: Tues and Thurs 7:45-8:00. T-shirts are available for $10 (cash or check made out to Blackshear)
- Early Dismissals: If you wish to sign your child out early, please do so prior to 3:00. After 3:00 it becomes very difficult for us to handle early dismissals with everything else that begins to happen as we end our day.
- Absences: Please send a note (doctor or parent) on the day your student returns to class. An email to the teacher will also be accepted.
DIGITAL FLYER DELIVERY COMING SOON
Our school is getting ready to launch a new digital flyer communication tool called “Peachjar.” To view school-approved digital flyers, you will simply click the Peachjar button that will soon be placed on the school’s website.
This “green” initiative will save our schools tons of paper and reduce copy costs by thousands of dollars. On top of that, posting school flyers in this electronic backpack removes a significant administrative burden from teachers, office staff, and volunteers.
No action is required on your part. You will receive a welcome email from our service provider (Peachjar) that includes a username and password. This is provided to give you the opportunity to manage your account and flyer delivery preferences. You do not need to login to receive or view school digital flyers.
To ensure smooth delivery of this communication, we suggest you add “email@example.com” to your email contacts. When you receive your first eflyer, be sure to click “always display images.”
This system is used exclusively for distribution of school-approved flyers. Your email address will not be shared or used for any other purpose.
Thank you for supporting our efforts to ensure parents are well informed about school programs, activities, and events.
This will be updated weekly as new events are scheduled
- 9/5 (5:00-7:00 p.m.) - Girl Scout Rally Night - Blackshear Cafeteria
- 9/11 - Patriot Day/First Responders Day
- 9/18 (6:00-7:30 p.m.) - Open House for PK, K, 1, 2
- 9/19 (6:00-7:30 p.m.) - Open House for 3, 4, 5
- 9/21 (6:30-8:30 p.m.) - Cub Scout Fall Recruiting Night - Blackshear Cafeteria
Please check school website for additional dates, as they are subject to change
- Joining the Blackshear Team from Schultz Elementary where I was an Assistant Principal for 3 years. Prior to that I taught 3rd grade at Haude and grades 1 and 3 in Richardson ISD
- Have three boys of my own (my oldest, Jaxon, is in 1st grade at Blackshear)
- I'm looking forward to getting to know every student by name, strength, and need!
Devi Carlos (Grade Levels: 1, 3, 5)
- Joins us from Kaiser Elementary
- Has three boys of her own
- Brings to us an ability to form strong relationships, an intense knowledge of best practices for our English Language Learners, experience as a bilingual teacher and Assistant Principal, and much more
Ashley Johnson (Grade Levels: PK, K, 2, 4)
- Joins us from Katy ISD
- Has a son and daughter who attend Klein schools
- Brings to us high energy, creative ideas, experience as Assistant Principal, ESL Coordinator, and Instructional Specialist, and much more
- We have had an AMAZING first two days of school! All of the students have gotten back into the swing of things, and they are already having fun learning and following their new class procedures.
- I want to celebrate our students. They are so polite and have been so welcoming to our new administration. I have gotten so many hugs! Today someone even asked me "How are you liking your new job?" They are so thoughtful!
- Our awesome teachers recently completed 8 days of campus professional development during which we focused on the Klein ISD Promise2Purpose shared vision and set personal goals for becoming more effective in alignment with KISD's High Quality Teaching Document. We are looking forward to an amazing year! Learn more about the vision and guiding documents here.